Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Here is one for the crazy prices heading, I have one of these that I bought last year, mint and boxed for £25, this one is up for £250

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polistil-Tractor-International-1055-1-41-immaculate/402470722955?hash=item5db51fdd8b:g:y7cAAOSwXrVfdwOo

WOW

Especially when you look a bit further down the list and find one for under £19 plus postage, exactly the same, mint and boxed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-43-Polistil-Trattore-International-tractor/321556318563?hash=item4ade400963:g:DZcAAOSwU9xUQx~-

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, robbo said:

Here is one for the crazy prices heading, I have one of these that I bought last year, mint and boxed for £25, this one is up for £250

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polistil-Tractor-International-1055-1-41-immaculate/402470722955?hash=item5db51fdd8b:g:y7cAAOSwXrVfdwOo

WOW

Especially when you look a bit further down the list and find one for under £19 plus postage, exactly the same, mint and boxed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-43-Polistil-Trattore-International-tractor/321556318563?hash=item4ade400963:g:DZcAAOSwU9xUQx~-

I just quized him on it..He is a very abusive nasty bita stuff.. Beware !!:o

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I just quized him on it..He is a very abusive nasty bita stuff.. Beware !!:o

It would also appear from his feedback that he doesn't like Paypal either, one to be avoided

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, robbo said:

It would also appear from his feedback that he doesn't like Paypal either, one to be avoided

He has been firing threats at me all morning. And all I done was sent him a laughing emogi at his asking price..  Avoid ..YES..

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Reputation going way back this one :(

Do you know off him...his based in Wexford. Seems to list alot off 1/43 scale stuff.. Very over priced. He has a 1/43 UH Ford 5000 listed at €90...i could have a 1/16 version cheaper..:D .. Cyril might be the man to ask..

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Do you know off him...his based in Wexford. Seems to list alot off 1/43 scale stuff.. Very over priced. He has a 1/43 UH Ford 5000 listed at €90...i could have a 1/16 version cheaper..:D .. Cyril might be the man to ask..

I never seen him before but could look into it . 

On 1/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, phil phoenix said:

The older machines always do well on ebay................My MF 2725E has just entered the bidding war:)

P1080499.JPG

I’ve found this not to be the case, I listed one of my custom built John Deere 3650s on eBay and it struggled to make it past the reserve 

On 1/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, Jd6320driver said:

I’ve found this not to be the case, I listed one of my custom built John Deere 3650s on eBay and it struggled to make it past the reserve 

I have to say I think a reserve really halters a model. The first bidding wars have to be at the start when people could genuinely get a great model for 20/30 quid. This generates interest that then takes the bidding up to your higher amounts. Obviously this is risky, but the risk is what I love about an auction! 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, phil phoenix said:

The older machines always do well on ebay................My MF 2725E has just entered the bidding war:)

P1080499.JPG

Well I was right about getting better prices for older machines.............The 2725E made £157.00 which was a fair reflection  of the cost of materials and my time, albeit a labour of love.  Hope shes gone to a good home and that the new owner enjoys her as much as I did making the model.

• Like 1