Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

It is an IMT Sean, we had one years ago now, a 540 deluxe (there was nothing at all deluxe about it!) which was based on a Massey 35 but with the same bonnet and cab as that one. If memory serves me the cab was made by Victor so I suppose that's where the similarity to the Leyland cab comes from.

I think I'd be about seventeen at the time and just passed my test, so it sort of ended up as my transport for a while.....it was not cool......:D

36 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Did they have Perkins in them? Or a copy ? :D

I think it was a perkins made under licence in Yugoslavia, to be fair looking back mechanically it was a canny little tractor, but as for street cred for a seventeen year old, well........

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, 844john said:

I think it was a perkins made under licence in Yugoslavia, to be fair looking back mechanically it was a canny little tractor, but as for street cred for a seventeen year old, well........

Bag over your head Job!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AndyB said:

So he has swapped the sticker and added another £90 onto an already ridiculous price  :lol: Lot of plonkers on eBay though

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

So he has swapped the sticker and added another £90 onto an already ridiculous price  :lol: Lot of plonkers on eBay though

Exactly my thoughts - hence the WTF!  I am watching it just for the sport:lol:

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

So I was watching one like this, was sat at £35 or so. Ended at £60ish. Said the reserve hadn't been met, so I messaged the seller asking them what the reserve was set at they said £125. And said these are one of a kind, as the 3050 only comes as a 2wd and they changed it to 4wd and added some extra detail.

31 minutes ago, L33 Da17on said:

So I was watching one like this, was sat at £35 or so. Ended at £60ish. Said the reserve hadn't been met, so I messaged the seller asking them what the reserve was set at they said £125. And said these are one of a kind, as the 3050 only comes as a 2wd and they changed it to 4wd and added some extra detail.

I think the point is Lee that the decals on the 40's and 50's are stickers rather than tampo printed (I had one or two in the early days without a sticker on), so you can easily take one off one piece and put it on another - no need for an axle swap (not saying thats what he has done).  Other than that it looks like a standard issue model.  These are well over priced for what they are in the first place, but adding that kind of money on for very little work is taking the mickey!

• Like 1

So I asked what has been done to it and this was the reply:

'I swapped the bonnet an bored the hole for the breather an changed the axle all into the original 3050 chassis'

Worth £100 more than what I would value the original......?

17 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I think the point is Lee that the decals on the 40's and 50's are stickers rather than tampo printed (I had one or two in the early days without a sticker on), so you can easily take one off one piece and put it on another - no need for an axle swap (not saying thats what he has done).  Other than that it looks like a standard issue model.  These are well over priced for what they are in the first place, but adding that kind of money on for very little work is taking the mickey!

I agree I wouldn't be handing my money over at that price. Someone will though. 

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

So I asked what has been done to it and this was the reply:

'I swapped the bonnet an bored the hole for the breather an changed the axle all into the original 3050 chassis'

Worth £100 more than what I would value the original......?

Wat a retard :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got my business model completely wrong! £260 is what I had charged to build this a few years ago 

To be fair this seller lists a similar build every couple of months, and prices generally average between £40-£100 so I wouldn't say it's being bid up, just two people that really want it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Credit to whoever built this, lovely truck but people have gone mad with the bidding :o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303557474582

And the base model is not expensive: Lorry

I got one laste week for 20€. I build AgroTrucs with this base model. In my opinion the price is absolutely over kill.

• Like 1