What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

At the week end .saw a claas jag chopping grass near trowbrigde ,Wiltshire with three jd 155Rs carting,with Richard western SF 16 HS trailers,also jcbTM420 on road with bucket brush,wet and muddy field entrance.also TM 420 with ibc on front forks for silage additive.yesterday saw jd mowing grass ,front and back mowers,also jd.today in saw in same field old stile jd self propelled chopper with 2 jds and RW trailers carting and mf carting 2,and another jd and RW SF16  HS trailer on road.

• Like 2

NH T7. 270 on Pottinger butterfly Mowers and T7. 210 with Pottinger mowers front and back.  Blue Power T7. 270s X 3 with Broughan silage trailers. T6050 with JD 1360 mower.  JD 6810 with Dooley silage trailer. Fiat F110 with Lee trailer. MF 7499 with Smyth silage trailer. NH TM120 with trailed Kuhn tedder.. Valtra T190 possibly with Smyth.... 

The mad season is well underway.. 😁

• Like 3

On way home tonite,saw a fendt and a Kuhn max merger ,and then next to Stonehenge visitor centre a claas jag chopping and jd carting with green trailer,on the road a jd and a broughton trailer.yesterday saw a jd old stile sp chopping and a mf carting and 3 JDs carting too3 RW trailers and a blue  trailer to.

• Like 2

The biggest Fendt farm in my locality were back in my village yesterday completing spud planting in a field that had gotten to wet finish 2 weeks ago. So one by one they departed the outlying field and passed my front window on the way out of the village. First went the three big machines handling ridging and bed forming duties, a new shape 936, an older gen 5 936 and then the mighty MT943 tracked. Up next the newish JCB 542-70 th pulling one of the flat trailers with spud boxes, then the new 722 pulling the other. About 30 minutes later a 720 on very wide wheel settings with a 3 bed destoner or similar brought the village to a standstill as motorists drove along the sidewalks to get by!! And finally a 4yr old 724 pulling the Grimme trailed planter...............phew!!

• Like 2

A local farmer picking up his own grass nearby. He bought a secondhand JD 6810 silage harvester last year which replaced a Mengele chopper. He has a Ford 7600 Q cab on Claas twin Rotor rake.  A new JD 6155M, JD 6910,JD 6600 & NH T5070 carting on various trailers, Kane and Lynch trailers mostly bar a Forde single axle on the little NH T5.... He  finally retired his Fiat 1000 Super from carting.. 😁

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 2

pair of massey 8s.265’s ,,both with a massey red richard weston sf14 plus silage trailer on the back.  not seen a 8s that  way before (kingsbridge way) big rig for that area, most lanes aint big kit friendly out there, guessing it was a contractor, but no logos on that i could see 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The local farm have been baking silage this week, T6080 and BB740 round baler on the job, with their newer T7.185 on the wrapper.  Best of all had to be what they used to power the elderly single rotor rake - their T7.245! 

Krone Big M, Class Jag 970, NH T7. 235, TM165, T7060, Case Puma 230 all with Broughan silage trailers, BP T7. 270 and McHale Fusion 3, T6. 180 and Kuhn rake and a little Deutz DX 3.??? with a Lely finger bar mower... 

• Like 2

They have been silaging the big field next to one of ours, so shuttling up the lane and back were an MF and Valtra with the wagons and a Class Jaguar doing the cutting. No photos and didn't see which models they were. If they come back this week, I'll lean out of the window and get a photo 😁

I was at a golf course in North Wales last Friday and it was like a scene from the 80's. There were half a dozen or so tractors going backwards and forwards carting large round bales of hay in tiny trailers. MF 135 without a cab, IH 784 with a bale spike on the loader, Zetor of some type, didn't get close enough to see the model number but looked to be around 60hp. Same Explorer 80 with a front loader, JD 6400 and 6600 and even a Fordson Major. Not one of the trailers were roped or strapped and the bales were jiggling about on the bumpy road but none came off that I could see.

As well as the tractors there was a classic car road run going through the village but there were so many of them that I didn't really take too much notice

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WE were in Lavenham (Essex/Suffolk area) on Friday when a Case & yellow trailer came through, later a JD and Fendt also came through, all newish with tandem axle 20 tonne-ish trailers,one red and can't remember the other colour. Saw them all involved with a Lexion in Barley chopping the straw as we headed back....sorry don't know what directions! Anyone know this gang ? Malcy?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NIGEL FORD said:

WE were in Lavenham (Essex/Suffolk area) on Friday when a Case & yellow trailer came through, later a JD and Fendt also came through, all newish with tandem axle 20 tonne-ish trailers,one red and can't remember the other colour. Saw them all involved with a Lexion in Barley chopping the straw as we headed back....sorry don't know what directions! Anyone know this gang ? Malcy?

Not many miles away from me but sorry i dont now what farmer or contractor that was 

• 2 weeks later...