Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

• 1 month later...

A bit of a delay in posting this one, but thought I'd catch up being as it's the start of the New Year :), it arrived down here in the Valley mid October and had it's first outing to the HEMS show and was then loaded for Penrith but never got so now with a bit of time here's an update from the collection in the form of one of Andy's Scammell lowloader trailers and dolly, in time there will be something for a load for it, which is an on going project amongst other things, the dolly features working fifth wheel, road springs and the axle flipped with diff removed for somewhere for the hydraulic cylinders for the brakes to live, Trailer features knock out rear axle pairs, individually bolted up split rims, and also piped up for brakes, built to Andy's usual high standard, has been hitched up to a County 1124 but also been tested behind a 1455 nash 8)

IMG_2081_zpsetc1hltx.jpg

IMG_2083_zpsqks4psdx.jpg

IMG_2080_zpstxfixmnu.jpg

IMG_2079_zpsl3ftii95.jpg

IMG_2078_zpslcbebdbt.jpg

IMG_2084_zpsy2zcubp0.jpg

There are one or two other builds that I've talked about with Andy, so not sure yet what will appear or when but when it does I know it'll be worth the wait, A very Happy and healthy New Year to all that follow this thread and like and comment on Andy's work :) hopefully more updates soon ;)

• Like 7

Close Mark but not quite right... but yes a Muirhill would be the dogs danglies in the collection...... Cheers Smithy :) will pass that on to him ;) aye it's a grand model, fairly fills a table by the time you get a tractor on the front of it too....... a nice drainage machine would look fantastic on it but don't think that will happen any time soon........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A rather un expected package arrived in the Valley yesterday, containing one of Andy's prototypes in the form of a Twose trip buckrake 8),....... After a quick call to the man himself he said it's something that's been on the back burner since he first did his transport boxes back in the early days of his business, but plans when time allows to build a prototype of a Twose push off, as he on with making bits for Fergy tractors and JCB backhoe loader models........:)

IMG_2086_zpsl0gja8s5.jpg

IMG_2087_zpsmkn4gafq.jpg

IMG_2088_zpsphiyybxh.jpg

• Like 6

Hell Justin, that were exactly what I was thinking :laugh:, great minds must think alike though seriously do think it's time and got my finger out and built something ;) 

Cheers Chris :) your not wrong, there's quite a few things that could go on that scammel trailer, though time will tell as it's load ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Joe ;) I'd been on their web page at the weekend having a look through there stock lists but didn't get as far as the nashes, sent JMD John, a couple of links over to some items that might have interested him and his lad Matt. Will have to get back on their site and see what I missed ;)  though I had mulled over one of these after you PM'd the link. could be a good starting point for a 1454 County 8)

http://www.outbacktoystore.com/Home/PA-Farm-Show-Collectibles/1-16th-Ford-8600-Wide-Front-2015-PA-Farm-Show.html

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Joe ;) I'd been on their web page at the weekend having a look through there stock lists but didn't get as far as the nashes, sent JMD John, a couple of links over to some items that might have interested him and his lad Matt. Will have to get back on their site and see what I missed ;)  though I had mulled over one of these after you PM'd the link. could be a good starting point for a 1454 County 8)

http://www.outbacktoystore.com/Home/PA-Farm-Show-Collectibles/1-16th-Ford-8600-Wide-Front-2015-PA-Farm-Show.html

Oooo 1454 county. One of my dream tractors!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Now we are talking !!!  Good base for 1454 . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

So then you two think she could be a go-er  using this as a starting point? ::)

If you had a bigger County in mind than the sub 120 HP ones ...then yeah Paul. Id say she's a goer.. Or just leave as is and add a cab. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, justy 46 said:

If you had a bigger County in mind than the sub 120 HP ones ...then yeah Paul. Id say she's a goer.. Or just leave as is and add a cab. 

I suppose I could do both Justin...... don't think shipping be much more to get a pair ;) Happen there is something about a big high hp 2wd 8)

• Like 1

It looks a good skid unit to start with Paul, wheel centres are wrong though::) but most of it is there. One of the autodrome kits is on my wish list, it'd look good with a DP 6 on the back like the county demonstrator had. 

• Like 1