Spalding Tractorshow 4 October 2015

nielsa123

The fastrac looked spot on, britains best model to date I reckon if the production model is anything like the prototype 

agree with you there Pat,not sure about the front top link,but that is being really picky,might get me back to my  dio's,but i doubt it,a real nice looking model

Agreed on Fastrac front, refreshingly good as a britains Fastrac model.

upcoming county looks great too!

got some fab models today, had a great weekend, thanks to everyone who works so hard to make this a great event 

Hope The limited run of the 16th Doe's get badged up as New Performance rather than Power Major...... On the Power Major the headlights are on the outside of the nosecone, on the New Performance the headlights are as in pics in the grill..... plus a couple of other little differences.

Hope The limited run of the 16th Doe's get badged up as New Performance rather than Power Major...... On the Power Major the headlights are on the outside of the nosecone, on the New Performance the headlights are as in pics in the grill..... plus a couple of other little differences.

Yes it's New Performance Paul. Not Power Major.

Andy I would say Blue exhausts but I am not a expert on that one all the pictures I have seen had blue ones but that's not to say there is not one out there with silver exhausts or black but there all go a rusty colourer with use that's see what Paul say  

There are two pictures of a New Performance Doe in Stuart Gibbards book: The Doe tractor story, and the exhausts on them are blue! (page 56 & 57).

Also on these pictures you can see there's a hull mounted under the engine and gearbox as protection/guard. Maybe that can be replicated on the models?

A man called Mr Bernard Saunders has the real machine in Nottinghamshire , serial no.330 and his one at the Newark show one year definitely had silver stacks.  There is many machines out there that have both variants of colour. Mr Nigel ford will give us a definitive answer soon I am sure.

Paul, a question for you! Should the exhausts on the Doe be Silver or blue?

As quite a few others have said Andy, The exhausts are usually silver, but as Jack says in Mr Gibbards Book on the Doe story they are featured with blue..... My train of thought is that if the photo's in Stuarts book are of the early New Performance tractors (think it was the first half dozen that had the sump belly pan on the front tractor)  then the exhausts were blue on the early production ones then turned to silver to keep in line with the silver exhausts of the Ford 6x's, the other thought is that now most surviving Doe's will have probably had replacement exhausts during refurb and or at some point during it's life, so silver exhaust paint might be easier to track down as opposed to blue on restoration so maybe most ownwers leave them silver....

Jacks idea of belly pan is a good suggestion, as it will make these tractors a bit more limited and further more different to the standard releases, but as for interchangeable exhausts you would need to use the exhaust manifolds off the UH county super 4 super major tractor as these have a facility for a push fit silencer.....;)

Thanks to all that came to see me at Spalding , it was a steady away flow or people through the door all day and a good show for us , it is nice to have time to chat with my customers and other traders in the halls unlike the spring show when you are so busy it was also nice to see a few more displays to break up the amount of traders there and more of this might draw more through the door ,

how ever the show could do with a good shake up to get new people through the door ..the Spalding show has always been the no1 show to go to it need to keep its crown ,,,

anyway we have a small breather and off down to toytrac in under two weeks time.

Archived