Farm Modeller Magazine

farmmodellermagazine.com

This is the website for the new Farm Model magazine out six times per year.First issue out December 2020
There will be six issues per year December/February/ April/June/August/October.
The magazine will have in it Diorama displays/Model Reviews/Editor page/News of new models/Interviews with collectors/Show reports as and when/Auction price pages/Show diary dates as and when/Adverts/Competition Prize page/Custom Builders/How to do stuff hits and tips pages/And more.
The Magazine is available on subscription and will be in some local shops and in time may be in your local W.H.Smiths.
The magazine will have around 40/50 pages from the start.
The magazine is being professionally edited and professionally designed
The subscription prices for England/Scotland/ Wales and Northern Ireland.One year subscription price is £32.00
Cover price is £5.99p
The subscription price includes FREE delivery
The subscription price for the Republic of Ireland and Europe.One year price is £44.00
Cover price is £7.99p
The subscription price includes FREE Delivery
The subscription prices for the rest of the world.One year subscription price is £54.00
Cover price is £9.99p

• Like 4

3 hours ago, trigger82 said:

farmmodellermagazine.com

This is the website for the new Farm Model magazine out six times per year.First issue out December 2020
There will be six issues per year December/February/ April/June/August/October.
The magazine will have in it Diorama displays/Model Reviews/Editor page/News of new models/Interviews with collectors/Show reports as and when/Auction price pages/Show diary dates as and when/Adverts/Competition Prize page/Custom Builders/How to do stuff hits and tips pages/And more.
The Magazine is available on subscription and will be in some local shops and in time may be in your local W.H.Smiths.
The magazine will have around 40/50 pages from the start.
The magazine is being professionally edited and professionally designed
The subscription prices for England/Scotland/ Wales and Northern Ireland.One year subscription price is £32.00
Cover price is £5.99p
The subscription price includes FREE delivery
The subscription price for the Republic of Ireland and Europe.One year price is £44.00
Cover price is £7.99p
The subscription prices for the rest of the world.One year subscription price is £54.00
Cover price is £9.99p

FB_IMG_1598493954625.jpg

Why not a page dedicated to Tractor & Machinery brochures as we, avid brochure model collectors always get left out, and a lot of model makers like to refer to  brochures so it would make sense.

• Like 4

A lad called James Martin, and then Harry Bell. I keep getting asked to contribute, but from what I can see they've literally taken the model farmer format, right down to the fonts and layout, without actually buying the rights? Maybe Andy knows more. 

Edited by Stabliofarmer
  • Like 4

as far as i knew no one bought the actual mag of andy, so i guess its a fully new venture??? agree it does look a very very close match to the old mags front cover style wise, which is quite a bit of praise i guess to the old one, and it is a common style, classic tractor is similar, as are a few other mag covers if you look , personally i give it maybe a year or two tops, as i said with the old model farmer when it closed , it was spot on at first, the web was smallish for stuff like this, and faceslap wasn't big really , but the internet took over, and less and less people bought it, you see that in mags like the train guys one, less and less are on the shelfs in WH smiths or your local newsagent , this ones a big risk trying it out now , given numbers required for the printers to even consider doing a run ,which is fairly high , i really hope he gets the numbers .  

• Like 2

Same here Sean, i hope it could be a success also. Personally, i always enjoyed Model Farmer and was sad to see it go, although i completely understand why it did. Apart from the forum, i have no interest or desire to become involved with Facebook and social media in general, and e books and magazines again do not appeal, for me you can't beat picking up a book or magazine and flicking through it, but no doubt I'm in the minority now.

• Like 8

I've seen this on fb  I think it would be a good mag but thinking now and like said on previous post you just search the Internet these days. It is a little old school. But reading a mag on a night insted of sitting looking at your phone or ipad. Would be better. I suppose you can only wish the guy luck.hope it turns out OK for the efforts he's putting in. 

• Like 5

I liked Model Farmer when it first came out, I thought the design was amongst the best I'd seen in a magazine.  I wasnt so keen on the design later and some of the photos were quite dark etc. 

Hopefully this new one will be a success though. 

• Like 2

I welcome this. As said above...its nice to read off a mag rather than a screen all the time. I also miss the Model Farmer Mag even tough it was hard to find.  Subscribing can be a gamble. So I just picked it up off the shelf. Only thing is I hope as this new mag progresses , it thickens up abit in the pages..40 to 50 pages is only a leaflet in my view  and not worth €7..

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Who's running this one then? Theres a lot of us still waiting on re-imbursment for subs paid on the defunct and dried up Model Farmer Mag

Hi yes the same here still waiting on 5 books , i did phone them but all thay said was if the book dose not come out then you will get  you re imbursment back so 6 months on still nort back

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 844john said:

Same here Sean, i hope it could be a success also. Personally, i always enjoyed Model Farmer and was sad to see it go, although i completely understand why it did. Apart from the forum, i have no interest or desire to become involved with Facebook and social media in general, and e books and magazines again do not appeal, for me you can't beat picking up a book or magazine and flicking through it, but no doubt I'm in the minority now.

im with you on all that John

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ianmoyle41 said:

Hi yes the same here still waiting on 5 books , i did phone them but all thay said was if the book dose not come out then you will get  you re imbursment back so 6 months on still nort back

I have got all mine and all came in the post .

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 8:51 AM, Tractorman810 said:

as far as i knew no one bought the actual mag of andy, so i guess its a fully new venture??? agree it does look a very very close match to the old mags front cover style wise, which is quite a bit of praise i guess to the old one, and it is a common style, classic tractor is similar, as are a few other mag covers if you look , personally i give it maybe a year or two tops, as i said with the old model farmer when it closed , it was spot on at first, the web was smallish for stuff like this, and faceslap wasn't big really , but the internet took over, and less and less people bought it, you see that in mags like the train guys one, less and less are on the shelfs in WH smiths or your local newsagent , this ones a big risk trying it out now , given numbers required for the printers to even consider doing a run ,which is fairly high , i really hope he gets the numbers .  

We still hold complete ownership on the original magazine so this new venture is nothing to do with us. All rights to design, theme and style are retained in our IP so hopefully the final product is freshened up to a new look away from our work and designs. That said, it's good something new is being planned, especially within the current climate of niche title publishing that inevitably put an end to Model Farmer's print runs. 

Just an update that we were approached at an 11th hour prior to closing the business from a reputable publisher interested in MF hence the lack of updates. We're hoping this last chance saloon really comes to fruition but if it doesn't we'll be acting on the previously published info about writing to anyone with any outstanding subs etc. Either way, it will be all cleared up by the year end. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I seen this on Facebook 

Our editor Steven Downes is making some great progress on Vol1 issue 1 out February 11th
Have you ordered your subscription yet! www.modelfarmer.com
The New Model Farmer & Commercial Machinery World is the UK’s best magazine for collectors of agricultural equipment models in all scales, focusing on all age groups from kids to serious adult collectors. 
Each issue keeps the reader up to date on releases and announcements from the various model manufacturers and kit producers, both for agricultural and construction related themes and actively welcomes our readers to contribute stories about their collection, or specific projects that they have undertaken. Filled with diecast model reviews, giving the lowdown on the latest replicas to hit the market along with show reports from the UK and Europe covering some of the biggest and most recognised events. 
Plastic model kits will be featured in the magazine, with “In the Box” articles showing the contents of each kit before model building experts take over to highlight their build and painting techniques. Conversions and modifications to existing models will give a taste of the skills of hobbyists to create that one-off exclusive model with “How To” tutorials covering various weathering approaches. Find out about other collectors and their collecting habits with the “Collector Profile” stories providing interesting insights into the mind of a collector. 
There is a growing range of remote-control models being produced, both from model manufacturers and custom builders so we will endeavour to look into what is currently available along with reports on converting static models into remote control vehicles.

• 3 months later...

Farm Modeller magazine is now on it`s 3rd issue out April 15th.

You can subscribe for one year to Farm Modeller magazine just go to the website https://farmmodellermagazine.com/

You can also buy single issues from the website as well including the latest April issue.

Farm modeller is a magazine for those who love models of farms, farm vehicles, and equipment.

Each bimonthly issue has 100 pages of top farm model content. Inside you will find reviews on a range of models of different scales and types with an easy-to-follow rating system and detailed opinions, so you can make an informed choice on what you spend your hobby money on.

This magazine is great for hobbyists of all ages, it is packed with great photography that shows off the details of the models.

If you like farm models, this magazine is for you. It can help you in making the most of your hobby.

Front cover no.1 plus 2 & 3 

thumbnail (6).jpg

FrontCover.jpg

Artboard 1Cover.jpg

5 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Im just interested in how much effort im going to have to put in to make the 8R look right😄

Britains/Ertl will release a wheeled version, if it is of as high a quality as the 8RX you might not need to do much.