Britains 2022 New Releases

Tractorman810

• 1 month later...

The reintroduced 6290 is a serious step backward for Britains.. It never looked right... Its bonnet most notably has a has a very step angle from under the windscreen to the top off the nose cone.. And off course white rims... Its back to the mid 80s with them... 

• Like 1

Britains are toys made for children. 
They are doing the cheapest and strongest way of manufacturing to suit their customer base. A child won’t really notice the difference in say a cab or bonnet design. I don’t see why a collector would want them unless they are using for a conversion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete132 said:

Britains are toys made for children. 
They are doing the cheapest and strongest way of manufacturing to suit their customer base. A child won’t really notice the difference in say a cab or bonnet design. I don’t see why a collector would want them unless they are using for a conversion

Totally agree.  I don't understand why anyone would expect a 100% accurate 'model' from Britains, they are just toys, as you say.  Lets face it, a MarGe is not 100% and that is a 'model'.

Britains, as all manufacturers do, are re-using castings.  This has happened over many years and will continue to do so.  The only thing changing for sure is the cost price!

• Like 5

I have to disagree guys. Toys or not.. They have been pretty good over the last 10 years or so and have turned out some fantastic toys or models or what ever you judge.  As stated the cost. Its gone way up. So give the customer some value at least.. They ain't no excuses for putting white rims on a MF, especially when the original first one had grey.. . Budget or not.  I don't care ifs a New Ray even.. Would you accept white rims on a JD or yellow on a NH. Same goes for the Valmet. Did it really win the vote..!! We all assumed the Ford 5000 was going to walk it.... They may as well give the Valmet grey rims as they are at it.. Same thing.. 

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 4

It also had a price tag off €40 plus on box. Is it value. ? I understand the toy factor. But its expensive for the silly fault and it being a toy.  Its like the 6140 & 6180 that had white rims and grey cab roof.  History repeating.  Just why white and not grey?? Why? It makes no sence. If white wheels on a MF is your fetish Pete... Then fair enough.  😂

• Haha 1

Well britains prestige range is very good but as it says prestige, so it should be, good points raised by everybody, but i must admit white wheels on the massey, why? The original was grey so why not keep them grey, as for detail, no you wont be getting that, as the first release wasnt detailed

• Like 1

i get they are both toys, but, we had a good look at both at zwolle, and honestly they are nothing special, not a step forward, ,valtra bar the rear hitch is identical to the first, no proper steering?? surely even as a toy in todays market thats a must? even just to make it look a bit different,its even got britains on the tyres like the old ones. they have even used the origonal driver .

the massey in all honesty looked odd when new, and thats not been inproved bar having the new linkage ,wheels look odd,way to light ,and the  cab roof seems to dark , the cultivator ,it passes, i get time are hard, its a cheap option, no new moulds ect required but i just cant bring my self to add them to the collection, when i have them already.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i get they are both toys, but, we had a good look at both at zwolle, and honestly they are nothing special, not a step forward, ,valtra bar the rear hitch is identical to the first, no proper steering?? surely even as a toy in todays market thats a must? even just to make it look a bit different,its even got britains on the tyres like the old ones. they have even used the origonal driver .

the massey in all honesty looked odd when new, and thats not been inproved bar having the new linkage ,wheels look odd,way to light ,and the  cab roof seems to dark , the cultivator ,it passes, i get time are hard, its a cheap option, no new moulds ect required but i just cant bring my self to add them to the collection, when i have them already.

I'm the very same. I have them both too. Its just a waste off precious space going for the boxset. 

I think we have to remember, Britains, uh, Marge etc are all businesses. They need to make money. Whilst I have said in the past, and still do say, I think Britains have really dropped some clangers over the years and not really had their eye on the evolving markets, allowing new comers to take their old customers away. However I do completely get why they rehash some of these old “toys”. The cost of development is a new box, loads will buy it, Britains enthusiasts plus the likes of my 5 year old would love it.

if it helps grease the wheels and raise money for some other projects surely that’s a good thing  

same to uh, if they don’t milk them, they can’t pay for new castings which we all want.

Regarding prices, well I’m afraid that’s just the world we live in today , it’s everywhere ! 

• Like 5

They have always been toys regardless of model on the box it has a age limit on ut 3+ so its a toy  proper modrls have 14+ if i remember correctly 

I wouldent be suprised if tomy dont rehash the 3080  eith 2680 cab  back to the 90s i recon  

In five years time  it will all be like farm city or fast lane tractors ha ha!

1 hour ago, IH885XLMAN said:

They have always been toys regardless of model on the box it has a age limit on ut 3+ so its a toy  proper modrls have 14+ if i remember correctly 

I wouldent be suprised if tomy dont rehash the 3080  eith 2680 cab  back to the 90s i recon  

In five years time  it will all be like farm city or fast lane tractors ha ha!

Yes they are toys. But the terminology is printed on the box. Model then 3+years... What ever about the tractor, I personally don't think the Harrow is suitable for a child off 3 years.. Its fragile and I would like to see it in child's hands on the thick off a tantrum..even tough it has been marketed  to kids that young since the 80s..But today is a far cry from the 80s..  😄

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:15 PM, Pete132 said:

..... I don’t see why a collector would want them unless they are using for a conversion

I will certainly buy one, since it is a Britains set and that is the majority of my collection. I have to agree it is not the best looking model, the original MF 6290 was not a beauty but this one looks even more unattractive. But hey, it is a set .... :D

• Like 1