Whats on your workbench???

as promised stripped frame ,have attached a new steering wheel and also a lower arm where the rod links to the front axel, will let it set for a day or two before i see how well it has bonded ,i dont really want to split the chassis for a new rod as it seems very soft compaired to the later ford 5000 super majors etc. was stripped in a bath of the thick nitromos,(green tin) followed by a second dip in a bath of the thinner liquid yellow version. few tiny bits in a few tight corners,but otherwise it came of a treat. have also pit a first coat on the arches and lift lever today to see how it looks,these are easy enough to strip if the paint plays up. once happy with these bits i will look at doing the main body .

47672A81-9E31-4A57-806F-13ED86DA15CA.jpeg

3AD9A2ED-CBAD-4C87-AF82-65FA20AD90D2.jpeg

D5CE7744-36D5-4066-92A2-3E4E11AF9120.jpeg

9E112865-9D82-4B50-8D89-0E030E8BAA2E.jpeg

73503EB3-99D2-42B1-9043-DE966FFE0ED6.jpeg

• Like 7

repairs have bonded well, can turn the steering wheel fine and in turn its working the new part at the bottom fine to so its naw sat painted on thenturntable,got the paint nice and warm in a bucket of hot water,than a good 5 miniutes worth of shaking and it went on fine, so far have only done the top so to speak,will leave it for a day or two now and then tip it over suspend it on wire so it wont tack to the surface and do the underside . not got the best of lights in the paint booth, but its covered very well,the silver looking bits are just the light shining back 

99DE1D85-9B8E-445D-AAEE-163C2C7F6779.jpeg

07084111-BC28-45C1-865C-5EAE06EE1F16.jpeg

• Like 9

An old Britains 5000 is going to be converted to a 7000. Every thing on it is original, cab , wheels etc.. So I don't plan to strip it down & give it a whole new paint job . Might just touch up a few areas on the casting.  The rear tyres have been replaced with the bigger tyres as used on the 6600 version . A small few bits have been ordered from D Towse , including decals, tall air filter bowl & exhaust.  Dave Towse done a limited run of these for the FTF a good few years. ..this little convo will be along the same lines ..

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 5

got lucky last night and managed to spin the chassis over and suspend it as planned so underside was dome,so now had not far of 24 hours to harden, has come out nicely, not perfect but i suspect thats due to it being colder than i would like to be spraying, but its way better than it arrived to me, the sterring wheel has set nice and hard as has the steering rod lower arm, so now works as per its origonal arm, only issue is i forgot the decals at toytrac ,so need to sort that,will sort out the steering wheel and silver paint bits while waiting,and also flatten out the axel to hold the resr wheels on now i think.

7547D78F-C5BE-4401-B20B-C5D5CE48125E.jpeg

561EF4E6-6601-4653-92D2-D9548AA795CC.jpeg

130887CC-DA9F-45B2-AAFA-B0932AA5B3C5.jpeg

265EA092-FD9B-4656-ACCE-DC188159E0F8.jpeg

522BFC4C-59F3-44CC-B258-DE29C4EA75B2.jpeg

• Like 6

i have another old one,,all intact fittings wise  and it had  more paint to it, so i decided to leave alone, this had prob 75% of the paint missing,plus the damage, so i wasnt overly  bothered about the repaint . sometimes its nice to keep them origonal if they aint to far gone,

As I am in the process of building a classic Ford / John Deere farm fleet I wanted to get some farm trailers from the same era  (Circa 1980-90).  Having seen several Brimont trailers in use back in those days I decided to buy the 8 tonne single axle version and the 12 tonne IH badged version which is virtually identical to a 12 tonne brimont…………………..And then rebadge and paint where required both trailers to get them looking right...………………………………….Henri Walker provided the stickers, which he had on the shelf as a few other foreign conversionists have already had the same idea as me:D

Ive already sprayed the white greedy boards CASE red and its pretty much a perfect match.

P1070363.JPG

P1070364.JPG

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i have another old one,,all intact fittings wise  and it had  more paint to it, so i decided to leave alone, this had prob 75% of the paint missing,plus the damage, so i wasnt overly  bothered about the repaint . sometimes its nice to keep them origonal if they aint to far gone,

Nice restoration Sean, are the rear wheels fixed on now?

guys,after some advice, have just done the silver bits on this,exhaust,fuel cap and face of the pulley wheel/guard, but i am stuck on a couple of bits ,some pics seem to say yes, others not, my question is would the two triangles each side on the bonnet be silver or not  ,also the bonnet latches with the same question .i know i have repainted it so its not origonal but i may as well try and get it looking ok 

D2DB876B-06BD-4629-B3C0-C0C4970C0B13.jpeg

• Like 1

wager it is stan, but scaledowns are way more detailed, i see some britains that seem to have them silver,and others that dont, all seem to be origonal finishes from what i can see,which is where i am confussed , i know the front bonnet badge is all orange,they all have that,and everything else matches in terms of silver ,apart from these two bits( triangles and latches) 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, mb86 said:

Nice work from you both. My pick of the atlas editions has to be the dexta. Are they still bringing out fresh models or is it just repeats of what they have already released? I don't subscribe to them but I haven't seen any different ones lately. 

image.jpg

Are they different tyres on the rear of that Dexta Martin?? Just wondering cause I am after sourcing one , but I find that the rear tyres look very skinny & what to change them!! 

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jmd said:

just the triangle is silver sean

ideal, will go for that cheers, just got a bit confusing seeing it done both ways 

2 minutes ago, super6 said:

Don't forget to pick out the pulley and guard on the other side too

yeah got that done already, plus filler cap and the exhaust . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

ideal, will go for that cheers, just got a bit confusing seeing it done both ways 

yeah got that done already, plus filler cap and the exhaust . 

My bad, didn't read your post properly (insert smiley with dunce hat on) When you did the exhaust I presume you did the part above the engine support rail