Whats on your workbench???

It is indeed, i was tempted to get a Siku Amazone to canabalise for the booms and framework. The tank isnt even set on yet so can always change. Its not the neatest of jobs and the cab is attached to the front of the tractor with a Kane mesh silage door and 2 bits of balsa wood! But i'll hopefully hide that all away

Whilst at J24Trac today i noticed Ken Davies was selling a White metal Fordson N kit by Browns Models, having never built a kit before but been tempted several times to try a Scaledown Nuffield i decided to give it a go, its a bit fiddly and takes a lot of patience but starting to come together. Im unlucky to not have a workbench so a little strip at the edge of my small dioramas (which still need finishing as you can see) to build it. I realise i am a tit and forgot to put the fan on the radiator before gluing the bonnet on but i should be able to fit it in. Then all thats needed is paint and hopefully it'll be something i can say i build :D I also found a similar one online that sold at auction which is a handy reference. 

47179057_1114543545394703_902033322178248704_n.thumb.jpg.14d821fbd6d43b3d2391882b873e84eb.jpg1408_l.jpg.7404eaad92ee0d2ca2c7ccde215f1514.jpg

Edited by Anderson Agri
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rare old kits these are, my dad made at least one, that I can remember, long since sold, E27N I think. By old I reckon early 80's. Pretty sure there was a John Deere as well, although I do not know which model. They weren't around for all that long for what ever reason.

I think the Malc's Models N is 1/16th scale

• Like 2

Thats interesting to know. The seller had 2 e27ns also for sale. Im nearly complete with the N bur have notices the axle sagging and thought it was just me. Metal is fairly weak. Im not happy with thr lean on bonnet either or rear wheels but will get pics when more done

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, prickles said:

there was fords standard N   E27N   John Deere B    Ferguson Brown    i have two versions of standard and E27n with hydraulics.  There was a problem with the white metal  used in the kits it was recycled from printing press blocks as i recall   and some kits the ink leached out through the white metal and the white metal was weakened due to contamination and axles would sag after being built up and other complications

some built models got away with it some did not fair too well, the patterns were bought up and various attempts  made  to produce them again   , dads tractors did a run of the ferguson browns and there were some john deere around for a time

I found a little bit of history about Browns Models - see page 6 http://nzmvc.in-nz.com/sites/nzmvc.in-nz.com/files/Magazine/ma259.pdf

• Like 1

Bit more done to the MB trac sprayer, booms from @Tractorman810 came and are now fitted, just need to detail tank up and fit, and cut down booms from 48m to 24m to suit better. And adapt the britains chafer wheels to add the option of narrows :) Then it should be finished apart from a bit of a tidy. I am using this  as a reference as its pretty similar

http://www.boccasion.com/english/2253.htm

48397395_768747400131261_8764502923565596672_n.thumb.jpg.edfcc7f19a9c7ffc3a70fe369a14e211.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1