Whats on your workbench???

With the time off at Christmas I am trying to clear a few projects off my bench.  

I have been working on getting this conversion of a Maupu trailer to a Larrington Majestic Tri-axel finished.  Majority is done now, just need to build the ramps for the tailgate.  

20181231_160039.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

nice builds martin, not seen a ford artic loader like that before 

Thanks Sean, a bit of tidying up to do as I go along. The shovels wouldn't be very common here but seem to be a few still kicking around in the US, 

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Low loader trailer on the go and an attempt at something a bit more complicated, a ford A-66 loading shovel. If it turns out half as good as the scratch builds we have seen on here of late I will be happy. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking very good indeed Martin, might just save me the job of a kramer looking at that!;) I was starting to worry that you'd been squashed by a cow or something as I'd not seen you on here for a while!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mb86 said:

Low loader trailer on the go and an attempt at something a bit more complicated, a ford A-66 loading shovel. If it turns out half as good as the scratch builds we have seen on here of late I will be happy. 

image.jpg

Loving this.

I'm building a similiar one, but I cheated by cutting down a New Ray.

Are you working to measurements from a real one, or from a rough plan?

I'd love to see the detail of the rear axle set up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mb86 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great looking low loader, and brilliant start to the Ford, really looking forward to watching this one. Really liked the look of those loading shovels. A local grass/drying farm used to have an A66. Ps. If you want any brochure pics/dimensions let me know, and I can forward them through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Stabliofarmer It won't let me quote you James but this seems a good way. Thanks, I wanted an older style trailer and there wasn't a lot available. Those wheels are only borrowed from a couple of britains trucks but not to worry, some will crop up, I'll keep an eye on eBay. 

@844john Thanks but I'm afraid not, I'd need to seriously alter some doorways to get this big lass in. No big disasters, only lack of internet on my phone, I've been keeping an eye on you all incase I missed anything but only fleeting visits. 

@prickles A young Anika Rice in ford overalls!! Phwoar!! They look to have been more common than I thought, looking at videos they seem a very capable loader. 

@Ferret90 Cheers Ted, just need to find time to keep the momentum going. 

@SPN Cheers Stan, not at all cheating by converting something existing, I was looking into using a 1/35 tank transporter kit but for the cost of £50-100 and then to have to start hacking away at it I thought id give this a go. Paul kindly gave me measurements from his 1/16 scammell low loader from classic combines so dimensions are based on that scaled down but a different design chassis. I'll get a photo of the back axle no problem, it isn't going to be removable like the real deal would be, it will look more like it has been replaced in the farm workshop. 

@JEP Thanks john and thanks for the offer of help, I have a couple of brochures for general dimensions but could really do with some measurements of the cab and bonnet. 

• Like 2

Looking good Martin :) it doesn't seem that long ago that you showed me the loader brochure, your making good progress, and the trailer is looking good too, that was only a pre christmas measure up of the scammell... the step neck looks the easier way than the rolled plate beams used in scammell's design,  must have been busy times in the workshop ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SPN said:

Loving this.

I'm building a similiar one, but I cheated by cutting down a New Ray.

Are you working to measurements from a real one, or from a rough plan?

I'd love to see the detail of the rear axle set up.

Here you go Stan. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, prickles said:

HOPING YOUR NOT MINDING A BIT OF BLUE MR BOULSFIELD NOT MEANING TO HI JACK YOUR BRILLIANT NEW BUILDS  JUST THOUGHT I WULD ADD SOME FORD /BOREHAM STUFF TO FOLLOW ON FROM EARLIER BOREHAM PICTURES

Not at all nick, the thread is for everyone. 

If you are able, it would be good to see them in a dedicated thread so it is easier to re visit them as I enjoy seeing old photos like these. 

• Like 1