Whats on your workbench???

On 11/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, Tractorman810 said:

i will take it off for painting so will send you some pics, its pretty basic and i have made it a bit to tight for the rocking ,so needs some sanding, but i recon you could make it on your cutter .

here you go james,and zac, its pretty basic, just two lengths of plastistrut, joined by two bits of tube, which squares it all up and gives it a bit of strength ,  i did put a bit of tube  between your chassis axel as well, but more to tidy up than anything else . didnt need to raise it or anything height wise as your original pivot point height is spot on

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

• Like 4

Since we’re discussing James’s bale trailers, here’s mine am on with at the moment, lengthened it approx 2cm to take 4 bales long, used the original axle bracket as the front axle/pivot point, not 100% accurate but does the job. 

next to paint and add the wood flooring 

IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3865.jpeg

IMG_3866.jpeg

IMG_3867.jpeg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Tailgate has been removed in preparation for putting silage sides on. Hopefully get round to finishing the sides in the next few weeks

IMG_3746.jpeg

is that one of  james kits ?, not made mine yet, but have been pondering adding the silage sides, even though i dont do grass on the layout

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

is that one of  james kits ?, not made mine yet, but have been pondering adding the silage sides, even though i dont do grass on the layout

Yea that’s one of James’ 👍 good little build I’ve got a second one coming for xmas. Will have a pair of identical trailers then, both available for grain and grass.

• Like 1

New Fendt 0ne 942 getting a tyre and rim upgrade.  I'm using a set of tyres off a siku MF 8680 and its front rims.

First job was to spray the rear wheels Fendt red and fit new tyres.  These catch on the underside of fender, but with some careful sanding with the dremel the tyres soon turn freely.

Wheel weights sprayed red, but need some grey paint for the centres.

I bought smart foil decals to convert tractor into a 936 model which are more common than 942s round here.

P1010280.JPG

P1010282.JPG

P1010285.JPG

P1010286.JPG

P1010288.JPG

• Like 4

what a huge step up from the filament one i bought, few niggles to overcome ,like removing bits before curing, as only one side door will drop,must have been some crud in the joins of the others, and re positioning the model on the bed, as its cut part of a corner of the chassis,which is more me that the model but very happy with it,lot stronger than the filament ones,and less prep work before paint .  no2 on the go as i type after sorting a vent pipe for it found my tyres as well, just need to sort out proper casting of those ,but have 8 good ones, just bubbles on one side 

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

• Like 4

Tidy work Sean, I'll admit I'm surprised that's printed as well as it has, not a very printer friendly shape but I imagine there's a lot of supports generated to hold it all inplace.

Also supprised to hear it's stronger than the filament version, I'd always assumed resin was more brittle/fragile. Good to hear though!

Not as many as you think to be honest james , once i played with the support settings i halved it, second prints running, with some tinkering its down to same layer level detail wise but now a  3 and a half hour print , was nearly 9 on the older settings , just playing to find that perfect detail against time print, machines great mind, straight out of the box, i very simple bed level(was factory set  but did it anyway) and push print. Its more the software thats difficult being new 

More work on improving the big Fendt 936

Sprayed the rear wheel weights Fendt red, painted wheelnuts silver and centres dark grey.

Sprayed front hubs red and over painted hubs grey, wheelnuts silver.

Sprayed front rims red, and worked down plastic at the rear of the wheels so the track matches the back wheels.

P1010296.JPG

P1010301.JPG

P1010295.JPG

• Like 2

The sticker was missing from this dozer blade when I got it. Its in a fairly good condition bar the missing sticker20231217_115252.thumb.jpg.baadbf3868d51713c36fbbf1eae42207.jpg but a drop of chrome pen has sorted it out reasonably enough.   Would have been better I I did it in the warmth.

20231217_115210.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/15/2023 at 11:54 AM, Tractorman810 said:

had a small misshap with the first trailer, i dropped it, however i had already printed a second body out with a few amendments to it, so have a complete base now, working screw jack, sides drop and rear tailgate swings and is removable for a silage top, its a bit tight at the mo as i have not sanded it down properly,and requires a small alteration as well , whilst altering issues with the 6 ton,i have also been altering the potential 8 ton at the same time, plus working on the chassis inc the way the way the rears will pivot properly on opposite sides, but the last pic does sort of show how it will look, with hopefully the same features. next step sort a grain top, and then attempt a silage top 

IMG_3376.jpeg

Impressive work there Sean, I have to admit I didn't think it would be possible to print them in such big chunks and keep it all square! Bravo

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

whilst out there i also got the base of the trailer painted,along with timbers made, trying a new way with this, with a sheet of lime wood scored to give the planks effect then stained with a ipa  and black ink mix , same as i used for the barns on the layout, .was always going . to be blue initially,  until i realised i had run out of the ransomes blue, so went for a general purpose red, its bit bright for pettit but i do have decals for that, and they are pretty much identical anyway .drop sides are in primer at the mo

IMG_3384.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

IMG_3384.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

whilst out there i also got the base of the trailer painted,along with timbers made, trying a new way with this, with a sheet of lime wood scored to give the planks effect then stained with a ipa  and black ink mix , same as i used for the barns on the layout, .was always going . to be blue initially,  until i realised i had run out of the ransomes blue, so went for a general purpose red, its bit bright for pettit but i do have decals for that, and they are pretty much identical anyway .drop sides are in primer at the mo

IMG_3384.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

IMG_3384.jpeg

Looks good sean

• Like 1