The Aughton Valley Collection

That' very interesting David, I was unaware Trilex produced model tractors, I had thought the only thing they had ever done was a 1/50th model of the biggest bulldozer ever produced, The ACCO dozer only one ever made with two 675 Cat V8's 1350HP, And the machine never turned a wheel / track in anger,??

Regards

Joe.

ACCO 1.jpg

ACCO 2.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

That' very interesting David, I was unaware Trilex produced model tractors, I had thought the only thing they had ever done was a 1/50th model of the biggest bulldozer ever produced, The ACCO dozer only one ever made with two 675 Cat V8's 1350HP, And the machine never turned a wheel / track in anger,??

Regards

Joe.

ACCO 1.jpg

ACCO 2.jpg

Quite possible it was made for them by another custom builder. It's Trilex Modelli's name on the display case and certificate. It's a reworked ROS 180-90DT with a lot more detail incorporated. One of my favourite models in my collection. Bought it at Zwolle in 2019.

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 9:14 AM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

I reckon a man of your talents John could quite easily build something much more superior and significantly more functional than this. It's a nice display model, and appears to be accurate in terms of dimensions and proportions. But for a model that sits in Schuco's exclusive Pro R32 range of resin models it's a step backwards in terms of detail and finish compared to the Dutra models etc that have gone before. There's significantly less detail in this model, the rear hitch looks like an afterthought, the wheels move but are fixed straight so there's no functional steering and the paint finish has a dull mat appearance. It's not bad, but I personally don't think it justifies the £130 price tag. It has an unfinished, could-do-better feel about it. It almost looks like pre-production model. Lovely to have a 4166 in 1/32nd scale, but i'd have sooner preferred one by Ertl with the same level detail as they've incorporated into their NFTS tractors in the past.  

Thanks for that David, I know what you mean about the price verses functionality of the model, but then it seems that all models are getting more expensive. I'm still quite tempted with one as the chances of me getting around to building one is looking quite slim to say the least! Now if Ertl were to do a precision one.. ...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks for that David, I know what you mean about the price verses functionality of the model, but then it seems that all models are getting more expensive. I'm still quite tempted with one as the chances of me getting around to building one is looking quite slim to say the least! Now if Ertl were to do a precision one.. ...

You're welcome John, totally agree. A highly detailed Ertl version would go down a treat, whilst the Schuco version is ok as a display model, it really wants to be about £50 cheaper than what it is.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

whats next on your ever growing list of tabs then mate? 

Duncan cabbed Roadless Ploughmaster 98, 78, 65 and an export spec 78. I've also asked Ian to build me the Ford 4000 my Dad was brought up on from the photo below when my Dad was 14. My Dad added the E27N toolbox to the front. Plan is to surprise him at Christmas with it. :) 

IMGoldies_0002.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Duncan cabbed Roadless Ploughmaster 98, 78, 65 and an export spec 78. I've also asked Ian to build me the Ford 4000 my Dad was brought up on from the photo below when my Dad was 14. My Dad added the E27N toolbox to the front. Plan is to surprise him at Christmas with it. :) 

IMGoldies_0002.jpg

hell of a shopping list,but that 4000 will be a peach for sure

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

hell of a shopping list,but that 4000 will be a peach for sure

It's very rare a day goes by where i'm not pitching ideas or sending Ian photos to study for future builds for other people, not just me.😀 

Can't wait to see 4000 when its done. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

😆😆 well i did ask him to do me another 1 off build,like my county hes done me , but i suspect he’s  forgotten ,busy boy after all  keeping you happy 😀

He's certainly a busy bloke. He's just finished developing the long wheel base County 1184-TW for people to order. I've probably spent more pennies with him this year than anyone else, absolutely love the models he builds. :) 

• Like 1