Martin's collection.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, New Hollander said:

Based on the Fordson Dexta by Legend Models (https://westerhoffminiaturen.nl/) with what looks like a Britains bonnet. By the license plate I would say done by Tabmodels. Well done.

Hey Martin,

Was under the impression that the chassis of the 2000/3000 was based on the Legend Models Dexta but after closer inspection I see I was wrong. Did Ian build the chassis?

Edited by New Hollander

14 hours ago, New Hollander said:

Hey Martin,

Was under the impression that the chassis of the 2000/3000 was based on the Legend Models Dexta but after closer inspection I see I was wrong. Did Ian build the chassis?

No Ian didn’t build the chassis, they were part of the box of parts I sent to him. I don’t know what they are from though as they were part of a box of spares I bought off a friend, so your guess is as good as mine on that one I’m afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone posted this famous photo on Facebook wanting someone to replicate it in model form so had a go myself, might try and make a simple single pitch shed to make it more like the original. Don’t have the uh 1884 so had to compromise a little. 

00FD83E9-CD47-4F32-811D-1428EB9E195F.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

Someone posted this famous photo on Facebook wanting someone to replicate it in model form so had a go myself, might try and make a simple single pitch shed to make it more like the original. Don’t have the uh 1884 so had to compromise a little. 

00FD83E9-CD47-4F32-811D-1428EB9E195F.png

The done a remake off that photo in the latest Classic Tractor mag..Good issue to get your hands on.

43 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

The done a remake off that photo in the latest Classic Tractor mag..Good issue to get your hands on.

Yes I saw that too Justin, it was the man who helped organise the classic tractor photo that asked for a mini version 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pete132 said:

I like that Martin, want a 1884 myself but can only find the 1474.  
Did the 1474 ever have the grill in black in real life, it looks better than a silver grill

Thanks pete. All short nose 1474 had black grille then later  long nose versions changed to ford grey which coincided with the TW’s changing from the 20 to 25 and the same with the 1884 and 30/35 like Justin said.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mb86 said:

Thanks pete. All short nose 1474 had black grille then later  long nose versions changed to ford grey which coincided with the TW’s changing from the 20 to 25 and the same with the 1884 and 30/35 like Justin said.

Was never a Ford fan, neighbouring farm had county’s and some TW’s but that’s as far as my interest went. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pete132 said:

Was never a Ford fan, neighbouring farm had county’s and some TW’s but that’s as far as my interest went. 

You don’t know what you’ve been missing;) I’m surprised the sight of all that blue power over the fence didn’t spark an interest!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

The Marge one I meant!

Real one isn't too bad either I suppose :D

It’s a nice model but spoilt by the incorrect decal and I would have preferred it on standard wheels but that’s because I like originality. I have 2 of them and I thought about converting the other one but the 10 series and TW wheels were an absolute sod to remove and I imagine the county won’t be any better. 

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

It’s a nice model but spoilt by the incorrect decal and I would have preferred it on standard wheels but that’s because I like originality. I have 2 of them and I thought about converting the other one but the 10 series and TW wheels were an absolute sod to remove and I imagine the county won’t be any better. 

I did dither over getting one years ago, never did as I think I heard the tyres weren't usual for the real thing.  I wondered about getting the UH 1474 and changing it to an 1884, but saw a few examples with wonky front wheels and was put off by that too! 

14 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I did dither over getting one years ago, never did as I think I heard the tyres weren't usual for the real thing.  I wondered about getting the UH 1474 and changing it to an 1884, but saw a few examples with wonky front wheels and was put off by that too! 

I think MarGe found the least original 1884 in Europe and copied it :wacko: :D I have however seen a photo of said tractor and it is an excellent likeness to it. Another option for you would be Ian at TAB. I had thought about sending a standard MarGe 35 for Ian to work his magic on. 

4 hours ago, Janval said:

After owning both the UH and the Marge 1884 I'd choose Marge all day long. Sold the UH 1884. Just a different level of quality in it, despite the decal maybe being a bit off.

I agree Jan, the MarGe has the edge in my opinion as well.