Martin's collection.

47 minutes ago, mb86 said:

It is a nice thing mate aye, was undecided which to get, there is one in more modern colours and I see on faceslap there is an Amazone liveried one coming out. 

I think the sulky one was the best shout mate. Really sits well. Although I'd be half tempted to paint the rest blue. Still very very nice.

55 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I think the sulky one was the best shout mate. Really sits well. Although I'd be half tempted to paint the rest blue. Still very very nice.

Is that how they would have been, all blue? It’s not a machine I’ve had any experience with really. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, mb86 said:

Is that how they would have been, all blue? It’s not a machine I’ve had any experience with really. 

I feel like they was mate, the cream bit was blue or red on the one I used but then again it was probably a completely different model it was only a small thing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

Another stunning pair of recent additions, 2000 and cabbed 3000. Crap photos I’m afraid, I must get some outside action shots when I get chance. 

BD36ED12-E7EC-4A7F-93C6-CE531BA690FC.jpeg

06324903-FB0B-4321-95FD-F3F92D832CA9.jpeg

56A91BC7-17FB-4C75-BC47-EC4D1FC256DD.jpeg

Ford 3000! Been nagging Ian for those on a few occasions. Brilliant :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Lovely mate :)

21 hours ago, Udimore said:

stunning love these

20 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Very nice models, takes me back to the mid 70s when as a small boy I lived next door to a stud farm.  They had one tractor , a newish cabbed Ford 3000 and every so often I would get taken for a ride in it by the farms manager:)

17 hours ago, jmd said:

very nice i like them

17 hours ago, MDFord said:

They do look fantastic, lovely to see some 3cyl Fords modelled this good

16 hours ago, Janval said:

Ford 3000! Been nagging Ian for those on a few occasions. Brilliant :D

15 hours ago, justy 46 said:

More Ford 3 pots...Excellent..They are beautiful little models..

Thank you all, yes lovely models. Few more outside photos to follow. 

Its kind of strange that theres been no Ford 4000 as I recall they must have been the number one selling tractor on UK farms back in the mid 70s.  I remember the farm nearest me as a small boy had three of them and one 7000.  In fact I dont remember seeing any 5000s, they were mostly all 4000s back in the day in west suffolk.

IMG_4960.JPG

• Like 4

Just now, phil phoenix said:

Its kind of strange that theres been no Ford 4000 as I recall they must have been the number one selling tractor on UK farms back in the mid 70s.  I remember the farm nearest me as a small boy had three of them and one 7000.  In fact I dont remember seeing any 5000s, they were mostly all 4000s back in the day in west suffolk.

IMG_4960.JPG

first tractor i ever drove was a ford 4000,my uncles 2 farms had 3 of them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IH885XLMAN said:

What were the 2000 and 3000 scratch builds or based on something else they are the mutts nutts

Based on the Fordson Dexta by Legend Models (https://westerhoffminiaturen.nl/) with what looks like a Britains bonnet. By the license plate I would say done by Tabmodels. Well done.

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

Given the popularity of the real tractor I can’t see why it has been overlooked in model form, us classic collectors would go mad for it.

Yes I sent a box of bits and pieces off to Ian and he sent these beauty’s back. 

9 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

What were the 2000 and 3000 scratch builds or based on something else they are the mutts nutts

7 hours ago, New Hollander said:

Based on the Fordson Dexta by Legend Models (https://westerhoffminiaturen.nl/) with what looks like a Britains bonnet. By the license plate I would say done by Tabmodels. Well done.

8 hours ago, Udimore said:

cracking models Martin

Do you have a SCALEdown Dexta in there somewhere?

Thanks Barry. 
No I haven’t got a scaledown Dexta, i was in two minds weather to go for these or the scaledown but seeing as I hadn’t any Brian Norman tractors In the collection I decided to go for these. 

• Like 1