BRITAINS 2017 New Releases and deleted lines

IH885XLMAN

On 09/07/2017 at 8:50 PM, alf aphid said:

Britains could massively improve their lot if they dared to get the paint out now and again!!

The problem is then cost which is passed onto us even at 5p a model it would soon add up and could a actually be the difference to it actually getting  made,  these are afterall kids toys as such , hence the prices ,  not  uh or wiking style collectors models.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

The problem is then cost which is passed onto us even at 5p a model it would soon add up and could a actually be the difference to it actually getting  made,  these are afterall kids toys as such , hence the prices ,  not  uh or wiking style collectors models.

Yes, you are right. I'm not quite sure if they know quite which route they are pursuing though. Sure the modern range is aimed at kids, but largely are they going to be interested in old trailed foragers and david browns? 

The thing is the older tractors will be seen at shows by the kids , every county or local show i have been to seems to have vintage tractors on display , trailed harvesters are still around as well so kids do see them  its not all modern shiney stuff put there 

It looks like it was based on the 1973 forage harvester which was mostly metal. The only downside back then was the maize pick up and lack of brand decals.

On 13 July 2017 at 10:18 PM, CMB said:

It looks like it was based on the 1973 forage harvester which was mostly metal. The only downside back then was the maize pick up and lack of brand decals.

I think the 1973 forager was loosely based on the JD in real life, hence the slightly similar appearance 

19 minutes ago, MadMark said:

If I remember rightly the 1973 forager was meant to be a John Deere but at the last moment John Deere wouldn't give a licence to Britains  for it hence the colour it was done in, I could be wrong on this.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's something like that. 

Ordered both of those yesterday, they do look great from the photos. 

2 minutes ago, ford man said:

Got the dump trailer and spreader today. Also saw the hydro dig. Have to say britains have upped their game

I'm considering it. I won't be the first though, have too many half finished already. 

6 minutes ago, MadMark said:

I've also got them on order, they just need pipework done and PTO shaft on the muck spreader. Wonder who'll be first to spray and decal the muck spreader up into another make?

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Davy smith in DJS farm models in Tyrone had them...but be quick. I was the first to get them today.  If you are in Southern Ireland, the boys in the north will always have them first

16 minutes ago, ford man said:

Davy smith in DJS farm models in Tyrone had them...but be quick. I was the first to get them today.  If you are in Southern Ireland, the boys in the north will always have them first

Era ... You will tripping over them this time next month . They will be everywhere . No panic ..

I quite like the look of the muck spreader...i do need a smaller one than the Strautmann.  I still lament that the Bunning one came to nothing though ..the NC a bit small from what i can tell?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived