BRITAINS 2017 New Releases and deleted lines

IH885XLMAN

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MadMark said:

I think it's a better read in the newsagent  Martin, we all know why they went with the shorter spout, they to mean to spend a couple of pence on making a longer one:D

Probably not the most ideal harvester so for side filling I take it !!!  

9 hours ago, tractorman314 said:

Just read an interesting article in the latest classic tractor Mag about the new John Deere Forage Harvester, and an explanation as to why they went for the shorter spout. Article shows the machine they took dimensions from.

what page? i cant see it anywhere tractorman

21 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

what page? i cant see it anywhere tractorman

New classic tractor out at weekend. Tractorman got his in the post. Comes out on a Tuesday/Wednesday before it hits the shelves on a Friday 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, you will have to remove stickers ,buy green and yellow spraycans and extend spout while your at it.................and probably have to buy new stickers as well !!!   

Perfect timing by Britains as usual as the grass cutting season has just finished....................at least theres plenty of time to do the above before next seasons campaign.

3 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Yep, you will have to remove stickers ,buy green and yellow spraycans and extend spout while your at it.................and probably have to buy new stickers as well !!!   

Perfect timing by Britains as usual as the grass cutting season has just finished....................at least theres plenty of time to do the above before next seasons campaign.

I don't need a spout extension ;)

• 3 weeks later...

As well as the already mentioned spout being a little short, it would have been nice to have the cavity underneath either closed off or have the chopping cylinder and feed rolls visable. Other than that faultless for me.

The article states that originally it was going to have a longer spout but the chappie who owned the real ones didn't think it looked right compared to his examples (4 of them) and so after emailing Britains it was altered.

Didn't think it would be allowed to take a phone photo of the article and post on here.

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

to be honest most of the pics i have found seem to be short spouts with the spacer giving height

IMG_0883.JPG

Oh yes, another combination, I think it looks pretty good bar usual non painted plastics. I would like to a 3760 when time permits! 

Love that pic what a combo!! 

Pardon my ignorance but where the john deere forgers badge engineered or made under licence from new holland as it looks a hell of allot like the NH 714 i think it is 

Going off topic the same with the  conventional bailers the old jd balers look like green and yellow liverd IH balers

Archived