My Collection

844john

9 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Ben, it's been suggested before, so maybe one day! I'm just finishing off a little weeks trailer that's been sat for months and months,  but I've been steadily working away at building and casting parts for some more Internationals and Case's, so hopefully they will start to appear shortly, probably a few more 74 series to start with but I'm also working on a 4230 and an 885 as well:)

Would the 4230 be the low profile one ? used to use on with a quickie loader 

7 hours ago, dm434 said:

Would the 4230 be the low profile one ? used to use on with a quickie loader 

Well, I've already got the engine block cast along with the back end and some other bits and pieces, so once i get the bonnet finished the plan is to do both an XL and  LP cab for them David, I'm just trying to build my collection of these older Cases and Nashes that I've grown up with as I think they've been overlooked by the main manufacturers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 844john said:

Well, I've already got the engine block cast along with the back end and some other bits and pieces, so once i get the bonnet finished the plan is to do both an XL and  LP cab for them David, I'm just trying to build my collection of these older Cases and Nashes that I've grown up with as I think they've been overlooked by the main manufacturers.

great , your right , so many of these tractors have been overlooked , reckon they have lost out in a lot of potential sales by not exploiting the uk brands n sales 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dm434 said:

great , your right , so many of these tractors have been overlooked , reckon they have lost out in a lot of potential sales by not exploiting the uk brands n sales 

That's true David, especially when you look under the tin work on these tractors, the skid units were relatively unchanged from the 74 series right through the 84, 85, 95 and up to the 42's, so plenty of scope for milking the castings, that's why I've gone down the casting route myself so that it should be relatively easy to make any model from any of the ranges.....and since at some point we've had or I've driven several from each range it gives me plenty to go at!;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alf aphid said:

I missed this, brilliant to see them all out John. Sounds like you were lucky with your  accident! Really do look great, all of them. You are a talented chap, looking forwards to the next ones! 

Cheers Alastair, mind, I didn't feel that lucky when i lifted the board and she was in bits on the floor:o:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great additions john. Were the 66's off eBay? There was a post on Facebook a few days ago with 6 pot 40 series and TS bonnets that looked accurate. Will have a look for it later on if you are interested?

2 hours ago, 844john said:

That would be great thanks Martin, would save me a bit of work! Yes, we got them off eBay, when our Sam's not trawling Penrith for bargains he's now cottoned on to eBay!:o

That is dangerous, I've stopped looking on eBay unless there is something in particular I'm after, however even that isn't foolproof.... No problem I'll have a look. 

7 hours ago, mb86 said:

That is dangerous, I've stopped looking on eBay unless there is something in particular I'm after, however even that isn't foolproof.... No problem I'll have a look. 

Cheers Martin

6 hours ago, Dusty Dan said:

Those are all awesomely detailed models! The part about sneaking a model into the house without the wife noticing sounds very familiar. I have done it on more than one occasion. 

Luckily for me, the wife was out when these arrived! I was 2 fields away cutting grass when i saw the delivery van coming down our road, and knowing that if there was no one in it would have been redelivered the next day ( when the wife would be in) I did my best Usain Bolt impression and sprinted back to the yard to catch the courier. I think the sight of me red faced and panting trying to get back before he left rather amused the driver, he didn't say much but he drove off with a big grin on his face.....goodness knows what he thought was in the box!:o

• Like 3
  • Haha 3