The best modern model tractor on the market at the moment?

Stabliofarmer

Question

For some upcoming summer projects I'm going to need a 'nice' modern model tractor. I'm not really that picky on brand so thought I'd open a discussion over which modern model is the best available at the moment?

My main criteria in order of importance are:

1. Size - Needs to look right in front of 16/18 ton silage trailer
  2. Detail and Functionality - As much detail as possible and plenty of moving parts
  3. Cost - Sub £100 but most stuff seems to be in the £60-80 range
  4. Accuracy - If its a good representation all the better but it won't be a deal breaker

Currently catching my eye is the Wiking JD6250R and any of the Warrior Edition Deutz's in particular the Weise 6215 (sold out in the UK) and the Schuco 9340 (a little too big for the task at hand).

So what do you think? What would/have you been buying?

1598031768_WikingJD6250R.jpg.a5563902377497d9609fa4784ceb65c9.jpg

1571203893_WeiseDeutz6215Warrior.jpg.dd09c9e5233ed64e798bd0a9101d5ff1.jpg

1161975576_SuchcoDeutz9340Warrior.thumb.jpg.0c529f55041d4ad696b1f539c21b19b1.jpg

22 answers to this question

Some more interesting options, I do like the valtra T's alot, and as you say Will, they're a good price at the moment. 

I'm torn on the NH mark, I really can't work out if I like them looks wise or not. Spent a few days in summer on a T6. 175 so the UH model would be the go to. Anyone had one and recommended it? 

IMG_20200721_164430.thumb.jpg.c886ff04f251f5f4dd0fc5fb24904125.jpg

Thank you to all that answered, some useful insights hopefully for all looking at new models. 

I went with the Deutz 6215,thanks to Joe for spotting one available in the UK. Wow, what a model! So much detail, while combining a huge amount of functionality. Over the moon with it. My only mild concern is the tyres feel alittle tacky to the touch, so concerned there may be a possibility for wheel melt in the future. Unless it's a release agent? Will have them off and give them a good wash in soapy water tomorrow to see. 

Think the Schuco 9340 will be a birthday request as a desk ornament to match. 

IMG_20210308_192355.thumb.jpg.0033c73474aa5f34feb18eb99fccb1c9.jpg

IMG_20210308_192406.thumb.jpg.bacc7a44328bed2c581bc7bb48884261.jpg

IMG_20210308_192501.thumb.jpg.6928a20c6d90b8f36ae3f081235b1fdf.jpg

1 hour ago, fordmajor said:

What do you all think of the new Model Farmer and Commercial Machinery World ?

And this has what to do with best modern tractor ??
feel free to start a topic in the mags section if you want to discuss it 

Let me shoot a few holes in this thread seeing as I couldnt get logged on for a few days😆

Paul is right with the MF 8S,  It is an excellent replica of a damn ugly tractor🤣,  The Deutz does look good, and thats the first time Ive ever uttered those words!!

The ROS Fendt 720 is a very good model apart from the crap tyres.   The UH NH T7s & CASE 175s are decent but are being replaced by updates.  The John Deere 6250R isnt quite the full ticket as Wiking didnt bother to raise the cab up and left it looking the same as a 6215R but with a pre cleaner, new style bonnet and new steps and storage space🙄  I raised the cab up on my one and glued it in place, looks ok now.  7310R has ridiculously oversized rear wheels (not tyres)

Marge T7.315 are good, but careful the wing mirrors and beacons dont fall off when you pick it up😠

In fact when I look at my model tractor fleet all have had some modification to get them looking right......................the only one that does look 100% spot on and is superbly detailed is the UH CASE Quadtrac 620............UH even managed to paint it in the right shade of red!!  Unlike the rest of their CASE models.  Mind you its a bit overkill for your requirements James😉

If you can put up with the cab c*ck up I would go for the JD6250R, if not then take a black Deutz Warrior 7250 or whatever is available.

Most peeps seem to be missing the idea to match with a 16-18 tonne trailer

My two suggestions would be the same tractor from CNH but in different colours

New Holland T5.140 Autocommand Blue Power, or if you want something a little more exotic, the Steyr Expert variant

Steyr Expert.png

T5 140.png

A very interesting topic James, there are so many out there to choose from! The ones I currently use for scaling up and ‘trying’ models on are currently the Wiking Claas Arion 640 (£50-60) and the ROS Fendt 724 similar priced. They both have good 3 point linkages on the back and look smart as well. The Wiking Valtra T’s are also very good and good value at the moment but their not as nice in my eyes! 
Hope this helps if you’d like any photos I can soon get some :)

Thank you folks, definitely some food for thought. 

Unfortunately anything fendt just feels a little dated now, I think they where that early with a great new design that it's just aged more rapidly. 

The 4000 series jcb is a stunning looking tractor, for some reason I think the looks are lost a little with the 8000. But the wiking looks like a stunning build. 

The marges I know will be a stunning model, both detail and build quality. I just feel like the 9340 deutz they're too big for what I want. 

i would say the black Deutz warrior as well, having seen a real one on the roadworks down here this week, which has replaced a black valtra t , it really stood out, even the digger drivers were wandering over to have a good look round it. honestly its prob one of the better looking rigs around, especially in black , like andy said it looks angry and ready to go .

Archived