Whats on your workbench???

40 minutes ago, dm434 said:

Great work , the parmitter we had was fixed and worked from the right hand side , would yours be the contractor type 

Thanks David. No, ours isn't the contractor, I think it was in between the Contractor and the standard Farmer model, it has a slightly heavier hammer than the Farmer and can be used at either side or straight in line

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 844john said:

Looks very intriguing Jan !

All in all a good fit. Currently working on a 3D print to mount the MF cab onto and new steerable axles, requires some adjustments of the base itself and perhaps a lenghtened bonnet. The idea is to make a Quattrino 4120 :)

• Like 1

Had to redo the cab base to make it wider and overall a better fit. Turns out I still missed 1mm to make it just how I wanted it <_< Think I'm going to try sanding though, seeing as the part requires 3.5 meters of PLA. 

Also nearly done chopping the chassis and making a solid base. Have more 3D printed parts ready to make as well. Funny thing, found out the MB chassis was a better fit reversing it.

DSC_0007.thumb.JPG.34c814d1e191f69b9b6ab14d2343417b.JPGDSC_0006.thumb.JPG.fb9c42261dc249e476fc70faf8b5d43c.JPG

• Like 4

Cab base, cab interior, engine mount, visible engine sides and chassis parts all done on the printer. Next up is to sand it down a tiny bit in certain areas before starting on the axles. Being black pla the details won't show as good before painting I'm afraid.

DSC_0010.JPG

• Like 3

Todays progress. Done a lot of adjustments to the cab base as well as general sanding. Attachments for axles in place and the axles themselves printed. Might redo those as they perhaps need to be longer than 50mm. Figuring out how to get 50mm wheels to work around the cab being my next big issue.

Also a bit unsure about the bonnet. Seems a bit too compact and bulky..

DSC_0019.thumb.JPG.7877dc1cf48ef12c337f626af65a5bdf.JPGDSC_0020.thumb.JPG.eb9042c67c6eaa6a30f40a3a4954a718.JPG

• Like 4

got a little fed up waiting for paint and stuff to dry on the barn, so added to the list of part finished stuff, always wanted one from the first ones, but they are going for to much to cut, so a dirty ones getting a going over . will prob be fully resprayed although the weatherings coming of the metal ok, but the plastic roof paint white paint on the cab frame has come off with the weathering ,hence the full repaint .

door top will slide once done ,hopefully rear screen will as well ,seat now turns as well, but need to make new levers to allow it to work easily.

FAB75D6F-12EB-45CA-84D3-1DBAF8CBB59C.jpeg

4E5EC8D7-FB60-49BF-91ED-52E84EA96810.jpeg

D24041FB-8218-4BE9-9FE2-8EEF273E687E.jpeg

9A158B2D-795E-4010-AACB-F28E738A8D67.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 844john said:

looking forward to watching this one progress Sean

like several bits out there ,it may take a while, that said, the new shed is a lot warmer now, so more may get done over the winter than before with any luck ,i may even get a bit done on the almer salmon :o.