Whats on your workbench???

15 minutes ago, WillTEF20 said:

Finally making a bit of progress with my latest challenge. McConnel Pa8085 tele vfr hedge cutter, hopefully will be an improvement on my original PA60 that’s in the background :-)

5EE14708-9EC0-41D1-8B38-2499FD0A1C65.jpeg

45D06297-DD18-463D-9940-FAF029C3F751.jpeg

A nice 40 in the background

9 hours ago, dm434 said:

Which model will the narrow door be ? 

I'm intending to do them the same as i have the IH's and the Leylands David, making the skid units separate from the cabs so that there's a choice of what cab is fitted to each model. I've already got the sekura cab parts sat there from the Ford and IH's, so i thought i might as well make use of it;) 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A fiddly job this one, Ive made up a pair of wheel weights for my JD6250R and have glued them too a spare wheel centre dish. Bloomin complicated things I must say.  Basically used some unwanted MF7700 weights and filed them down to size and did the rest from their.  They need a few coats of yellow spray paint if it ever warms up outside.

Doing the job this way allows me to switch from a weighted centre dish back to the nice shiny unweighted version depending on the implement its hitched too.

P1080521.JPG

P1050670.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

Couple more McConnel hedge cutters made up, this time a 6565t and a 6570t. Not as challenging as the last one but enjoyable nether the less!

8A715FB1-2DC9-4C59-A48F-F4C9B35DB41B.jpeg

Are you using brass rods for holding them together? I've been looking for those screws that has two pieces (a hollow one and one that goes inside from the other side). Dunno if it makes sense, can't remember the name at the moment. Hard to find in M1 size..

Well it was a tray rather than a bench but I have taken my Fendt 1050 apart as ever since I had it back the back window wouldn't close.  So took it to pieces and found the reason was one of the little tabs at the top is bent.  I am not sure if it would be available as a spare? Anyway have put it all back together and the window is now closed.  

20210117_124702.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/16/2021 at 11:15 PM, Janval said:

Are you using brass rods for holding them together? I've been looking for those screws that has two pieces (a hollow one and one that goes inside from the other side). Dunno if it makes sense, can't remember the name at the moment. Hard to find in M1 size..

I know what you mean hadn’t thought of using those! This is just brass rod, i forget the size. I also use plastic rods in certain situations when they don’t have to be removed as they friction themselves together well !

On 1/16/2021 at 11:28 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Looks fantastic Will, I'm still amazed how people work with plasticard and keep it so clean! 

Many thanks James, rightly or wrongly I don’t use plasticweld anymore as like you say it can make the plastic very dirty! I also find it deforms the plastic depending on the application. I’ve been using ‘Gorilla’ super glue for 5-6 years now and haven’t had any issues with things breaking or degrading so that’s what I’ve stuck with !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WillTEF20 said:

I know what you mean hadn’t thought of using those! This is just brass rod, i forget the size. I also use plastic rods in certain situations when they don’t have to be removed as they friction themselves together well !

I've been doing the same, those screws would come in handy though. I have different sizes of regular m1 nuts and bolts which are great to use as well for different things.

Also agree with the plastic weld stuff, when I started I used Tamiya which gives off nasty gases as well.. Loctite superglue is my go to glue now, better to have glued fingers rather than breathing toxic gases!