Whats on your workbench???

Thanks John, I’m pleased with it, but I certainly wouldn’t claim to have mastered the airbrush just yet......

Red and white would be good :D , but at the moment, I think it may be Australian first!

I bought the ES NH 1905 forager on the back of your build and have plans for a slightly different build of that later in the year, following chats with Martin (mb86) !

• Like 4

We got in a discussion about Grasshopper mowers, and then Martin kindly scanned a Locust brochure for me.....looking at the Locust mower as a first attempt scratch build over winter, inspired by all the great builds on here. I hadn’t realised it used the 1905.

If it doesn’t work, there may still be another 1905 build on here!

Martin takes all the credit / blame (delete as appropriate!) for this one and I might regret it!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, GPS said:

We got in a discussion about Grasshopper mowers, and then Martin kindly scanned a Locust brochure for me.....looking at the Locust mower as a first attempt scratch build over winter, inspired by all the great builds on here. I hadn’t realised it used the 1905.

Martin takes all the credit / blame (delete as appropriate!) for this one and I might regret it!!!

Like the sound of that project Gavin, well done to you for taking up the challenge :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GPS said:

I think it may be Australian first!

I bought the ES NH 1905 forager on the back of your build and have plans for a slightly different build of that later in the year, 

Sorry, re-reading that, I may have caused some confusion, these are two different builds.........this is the Australian build....

87ED4640-7218-49E9-9A7B-2B43DD3DA0A9.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, alf aphid said:

I bought a couple of Britain’s metal hitches, with the idea of grafting on to these castings. Ok still a bit crude, but quick and relatively easy, then can be posed with standard implements

Sorry for the late reply! I haven't been on as much past few months!

I've got over 10 skids in the works now and I'm cutting quite a bit off them both in the front as I'm rebuilding the grille and at the back as well - not only the original hitch but also shortened it to get the linkage closer to the rear. I've got quite a few Artisan rear ends for the purpose of these builds which should end up being a quick job once painted and all. I'm also starting up building and in the long run 3D printing pieces to go with this bit. Biggest challenge for me is the new front axles. That's probably something that will keep these unfinished for quite some time. I'll worry about fitting glass, interior etc first I reckon :)

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, GPS said:

Finished the Scaledown Matbro today.... I've really enjoyed building this, and first time using an airbrush to paint. Have to decide what to build next, but I fancy a change from blue!

Pictured alongside the UH Ford 5000 to give an idea of size.

Matbro.jpg

Looking very well! I'm doing something similar to an old Britains Ford 5000 actually. I've split the model, stripped and started painting it. In the process of finding out how to put it all together again. Might use your photos for inspiration towards that.

• Like 1

I've been doing quite a bit of paintwork the past two days after a long time of no progress at all. Hopefully I got more to show for in not too far off future :) I've had this Case laying around for some time, intended for a Siku Case CS merge but I ended up just adding a new set of wheels to it in the end. Building the Siku back up from scratch in stead, I do hate to waste good material even though it brings a heap of work :unsure:

Edit:
For those who might wonder about the wheels, they originally come off some of the big ROS Fiats. Very wide front wheels and a bit narrower and doubled up rear wheels. Outer rear wheel has had most of the interior cut out which was an easier job than normal due to the convenient pattern on the Fiat rims. Front wheels have actually been put on with the inside out, hubs are the center part of an old ERTL Case 4894 which has been carefully dismantled and cut out to fit new wheels - then repainted. I like using old bits and allthough it might not be standard I do like how this turned out. A bit of a vibe from the older Case with black detailing on the rims.

DSC_8889.jpg

Edited by Janval
  • Like 6

On 7/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, GPS said:

On 7/27/2020 at 2:05 PM, 844john said:

Yes, liking the sound of that as well Gavin....and yes, blame Martin!:D

Considering I haven’t been on here very much lately, I’m getting the blame for an awful lot!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dutchfarmer said:

My project, a Miedema zelflosser (self unloading trailer) with roll up rubber tarp at the bottom and a flat belt conveyor on the front. Nice setup in the 60's from a flatbed trailer to bulk trailer. 

20200813_223418.thumb.jpg.82318efe47cee2134d0ba48e8a890dca.jpg20200731_183811.thumb.jpg.f2c4a84e71e831e74731c6a51613897e.jpg

Very nice what will be pulling this?