Whats on your workbench???

Ive been meaning to do this convo for a while, Ive stripped down my old Puma 175cvx and resprayed it in official CASE red. I got fed up looking at UHs obviously wrong colour red!!

Ive also filed down the bonnet plaque that inexplicably got designed in on the UH original.  

I left the original front wheels and tyres on it but used the rear wheels from a CASE Vestrum and tyres from an Claas Axion 550.   I also put a 1mm packer under the cab platform to lift the rear fenders clear of the tyre and allow the cab too tilt forward a bit further.

I have new style decals on order, should be here soon.:)

P1080433.JPG

P1080437.JPG

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

ok thats it now john i am putting you on a post restriction, no way can you have this much free time :D:D

:D:D It's the curse of the early riser Sean, it does have some compensations though! To be fair, a fair bit of it was already sat around waiting for a start

1 hour ago, jmd said:

WOW John thats smart already i know somone who lives not to far from me that will like that a lot [the valley axe man]:D

Thanks John, I think Paul's waited long enough for me to get into gear with this one!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

a yellow Leyland,or marshall John? cant wait to see the progress of this

Both actually Paul, this one's just a bit of a trial run for an Explorer cabbed Marshall, but I'm also building a QM cab to sit on the same chassis so that i can do a couple of Leylands as well

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 844john said:

Both actually Paul, this one's just a bit of a trial run for an Explorer cabbed Marshall, but I'm also building a QM cab to sit on the same chassis so that i can do a couple of Leylands as well

In other words you've seen the light ditched the bradford built rubbish and gone to the bathgate stuff. Good choice ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

will you do a yellow leyland with explorer cab John? that would be my ultimate,i just cant see a mainstream producer doing one

That's the idea Paul, both blue and harvest gold models with QM cab and harvest gold Leyland and Marshalls with the Explorer cab

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another CASE Puma on the go.  This time it will be a 240.  I was never to keen on the UH long wheelbase Pumas as the bonnet wasnt great and the cab frame is iffy too.  Ive made others in the past using a Britains Puma bonnet and the 240s chassis and cab and respraying the red tinwork.  So this time to really get it right Im using the more accurate cab and fenders off of the 175 model and extending its chassis too house the Britains bonnet. That should be the best of both worlds,  Ive already sprayed the red parts with real CASE paint and decals are on the way.

P1080446.JPG

• Like 5

Whilst im still waiting for parts for my Puma 240, I have moved ahead with my third CASE rebuild this time it will be a Maxxum 150.

I stripped it down and resprayed CASE red, adusted the floor pan to tilt the cab forwards and switched the wheels and tyres with a Vestrum 130.  I will post it all up properly on the tractor conversions when I finish it next weekend.

P1080447.JPG

P1080448.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Heath coming together virtually, had to move to 3D CAD to get the design finalised and start cutting as soon as I get home at Christmas. Corona certainly scuppered the plans to work the laser cutter hard over the Autumn term. Anyway plenty of functionality and features included while retaining the overall look, and being limited to 2mm and 3mm sheet materials.

That looks amazing, can't wait to see the finished chaser.