The Weather in General

Udimore

• 1 month later...

I cleared 4 inches of snow at the folks at Kemnay yesterday afternoon and another 2 inches this morning. After a visit to dad in hospital at Inverurie I came back home just after 4 pm to find it was snowing but there was no snow lying and well an hour on the sun is out....the weather has really gone crazy. This time last year it was 10 degrees and you could hardly see the farmers sowing for dust.

I cleared 4 inches of snow at the folks at Kemnay yesterday afternoon and another 2 inches this morning. After a visit to dad in hospital at Inverurie I came back home just after 4 pm to find it was snowing but there was no snow lying and well an hour on the sun is out....the weather has really gone crazy. This time last year it was 10 degrees and you could hardly see the farmers sowing for dust.

know what you mean Bill. Been on ploughing snow all week . today the snow blower was out opening some of our higher roads where the snow had blown in to 4 feet drifts. last year we were working in our tee shirts complaining about the heat

• 3 months later...

Well, summer seems to be here at last, goes from one extreme to the other though, yesterday here the temperature reached 25.7 C mid afternoon and today it got to 32.1 C. I'm glad I'm not out shifting small bales!

28 degrees today in Cork Ireland. Due to go over 30 by midweek. Never in my life have i experenced 30+ degrees  in Southern Ireland & im around 34 years!!! :o Just as well im on 2 weeks holidays, could not weld & fabricate in this heat.

• 2 weeks later...

The heat here is a killer, last few days it's been between 28.7C and 31.4C. A little cooler at 28.1C today  and at the moment, even with all the house windows and two doors to the outside open it's only 1.2 degrees cooler indoors than it is out but feels cooler out of the direct sun. All the grass here is now looking like it's all been sprayed off. Forecast is for the possibility of thunder storms coming up from France from Sunday through the course of the next week.

Been an absolute scorcher in the site I'm currently on, 30.8 degrees it peaked today, left the forklift parked on the pavement too long and it left tyre prints in it, ment to be cooling down over the weekend hopefully, can't cope with the heat, tops off, shorts on, steel toe caps and socks, I'm some sight on the site these days...

Be careful what you wish for  Chris, plenty of time for that next Jan/Feb.

A little more comfortable here this morning with quite a strong wind and temperature at this moment of 24.3C. Keep an eye on the forecast, looks like we might get wet the end of the weekend and into next week.

Looking at the weather chart it looks like here in Devon that we're going to miss the current thunder and rain, it did come in very overcast and slightly damping after dark last night and at 2'00am I could hear the thunder to the East and see very faint flashes. This morning it's overcast and very muggy although the temperature has dropped a few degrees to 22C, at 8.00 this morning the humidity reading was 96% but the cloud is thinning with the sun burning it off and the humidity is now 61%. Devon and Cornwall could have a spell of rain later as a front is coming in from the West.

The Thunder and Lightning is back,with really heavy rain,it's so bad it's nearly as dark now as it should be at 22:30,it's also affecting the Sky TV signal,just what this years harvest needs,NOT.

Regards

Joe.

We had around 2 hours of constant thunder and lightning around 10 o'clock this morning, was lifting steel up to the 4th level of scaffold and was tol by the site agent (useless b*****d) d to stop as the forklift and load would act as a lightning conductor, never heard so much rubbish in all my days, needless to say I'm still here, and I'm 99.9% sure the Telehandler wasn't struck... Taking health and safety to far I think.

Nothing here, just spectacular clear blue sky and more hot sun. It's much cooler tonight with a bit of high cloud coming from a Westerly direction that could be rain bearing if it gets thick enough, the thunder has missed us but it looks like there could be a front coming in off the Atlantic that could be rain bearing but whatever does come I don't think there's going to be much in the way of rain coming with it. We now here have had 32 straight days of this hot dry weather.

We had around 2 hours of constant thunder and lightning around 10 o'clock this morning, was lifting steel up to the 4th level of scaffold and was tol by the site agent (useless b*****d) d to stop as the forklift and load would act as a lightning conductor, never heard so much rubbish in all my days, needless to say I'm still here, and I'm 99.9% sure the Telehandler wasn't struck... Taking health and safety to far I think.

Scaffolding would be more of the worry. When my dad was young he was working on a house on scaffolding when lightning struck, went straight for the scaffolding and blew a hole in the house I believe. Put it this way, me dads been terrified of lightning ever since.

We had 14.4mm of very welcome rain over night into this morning. It will give everything a bit of respite but to do any real good we need steady rain for a week.