The Weather in General

Udimore

out and about in the work van today :D

Almost got stuck in the drift on the last pic as it is all up hill, managed to get 3/4 up before I lost traction and had to reverse all the way back down and take a 5 mile detour :( 

WP_20180319_001.jpg

WP_20180319_002.jpg

WP_20180319_003.jpg

WP_20180319_004.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Apparently this was filmed not to far from me at the back of five this afternoon,???

https://www.facebook.com/110374409036990/videos/1984719821602430/

https://www.facebook.com/robert.deans2/videos/1749314411803944/

Regards

Joe

That's just unbeliveable weather right there . It's like a very bad winters day!! In the middle of summer . We have had 3 weeks of temperatures between 22 to 27 degrees over here in Cork and only one bad thunderstorm on the 26'th  of May right after the Champions Leauge final . There is grass bring picked up left right and centre here.. Flat out !!

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

That's just unbeliveable weather right there . It's like a very bad winters day!! In the middle of summer . We have had 3 weeks of temperatures between 22 to 27 degrees over here in Cork and only one bad thunderstorm on the 26'th  of May right after the Champions Leauge final . There is grass bring picked up left right and centre here.. Flat out !!

On Monday the gauge in my van was showing 30,???,there were a few rumbles of thunder here this afternoon,but no rain,?? That heavy hail was only twenty miles from me,it was even on the BBC,?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-44426025

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, catkom3 said:

On Monday the gauge in my van was showing 30,???,there were a few rumbles of thunder here this afternoon,but no rain,?? That heavy hail was only twenty miles from me,it was even on the BBC,?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-44426025

Regards

Joe.

It's just freak weather Joe across the board .  My brother came back from Albuferia Portugal last week after 10 days hols and said it just about got over 20 degrees some of the days with a fair share of rain ...we had far better weather up here . When Southern Europe ..eg France ,Spain ,Portugal get it bad ...UK & Ireland will get it good . It just works visa versa !!  From next Wedensday the good spell of weather is set to break & back to norm values .. But after a bad winter ...it's good to have got some decent weather now . You may get that hail & thunder always in hot weather ... But those hail showers are freak and baffling !!!! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After weeks of blue skys , its only  bloody raining , and its great , all4 water butts now refilled , grass has gone green over the last 2 hours and allctje fruit bushes have really picked up . Hopefully the raspberrys will start to fatten up 

• Like 1

well its back to blue sky and hot again here, back up to 25 within an hour or so once the cloud went . gardens looking better for it, and it didnt stop us doing the farmer market first thing either ,was a warm rain ,must have had a good 10-15 mm at a guess over the 4/5 hours it rained 

• Like 1

Hot in Essex Sean. There won’t be any second cut silage this year, it still looks as short as the day it was cut 6 weeks ago. Combines are rolling around here on Barley. Going to be a poor harvest grain wise, but the price is picking up nicely, but not so nicely if you have stock. For every winner there is a loser in this game. Be nice if it broke all records this year, then we can stop hearing.......”not as bad as 76”.:):)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Shades of 1976 in my part of the fens, unbroken blue sky for three weeks and only one half decent shower in 5 weeks!!    The big boys with irrigation seem just fine, the small farmers must be very worried:mellow:

Be an easy harvest Phil if it stays like this, but no cultivation’s until it rains I fear.

• Like 1

Here in south east Ireland we're seeing another very hot week on the forecast, and the long range seems to be promising another one the following week.

Winter crops seem to be fine, but spring crops are parched, especially on the lighter soils.

Some dairy and beef boys have the animals in out of the heat and are either zero grazing or feeding out first cut.

Second cut is looking very sparse.

Those who are taking hay are getting a premium crop.

A lot of tillage boys who didn't get spring cereals in the ground due to the rain (the what?) decided to put in Maize in May. If the crop comes through the drought it will be very valuable next winter.

I've seen two very long range forecasts (which is a very hit or miss "science") who reckon July and August are going to be mainly dry. Maybe a week of rain in each month.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

well buger me its only snowing in the middle of plymouth,which is pretty rare i have to say,but as predicted the roads have gone to rat, pretty much gridlock now, only about half an inch if that, but stuck busses, lorrys and cars on the smallest of gradients . imagine it being a hell of a snow fall 

• Like 4