Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Thanks for all the comments Jack, Christian, David and Justin :)

It's been demo'd on a 7000, so I guess it'll be the tractor of choice for now Jack, although time will tell ;)

Hard to say what will appear next off Andy, David.... I'm waiting on the Kidd that I actually ordered, but I know he's busy building a batch of JCB's at the minute, but I'm sure whatever it turns out to be the wait will be worth it 8)

Your not wrong Justin. Andy would do a hell of a job of a 717 and really suit a 7600 or my County 974..... 8) As Christian said  " Magnifique" :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

very nice Paul you certainly cant fault his finished products , sadly not nice comments about a batch of jcb's being done given its 5 years odd now since my 1250 was ordered and deposit paid for , have tried numerous times to get a answer from him, to date he's not replied to any messages I have left either , clearly he speaks to you at least ,sadly for me I doubt it will ever appear ??  and even if it does?? he will never get the plough order we discussed when I ordered it, which is a shame for me . don't want to hijack your topic but I have given up on him now, 

As far as I know Justin... the latter end of Kidd were under the Tarrup ownership, as some of the Kidd machinery was issued in Tarrup red( some with kidd decals some with the smiley cow), Tarrup then got swallowed up by Kverneland, but at a discussion with Steve Harris at Toytrac this year... Kidd are back building some items of farm machinery.

Not sure of dates of the mergers though but I do know that  Tarrup were building foragers for a long time in Denmark....

• Like 1

Them Kidd double chops share alot of similarities with the Taarup double chops of the same era. They are actually near identical if you compare the features on both.. Was there a partnership between both companys does anyone know??

The Kidd Taarup story,...........http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/09/03/2008/109733/what-ever-happened-tokidd-farm-machinery.htm

Regards

Joe.

• Like 3

Not a problem Justin... glad to be able to pass on the bit of knowledge that I have about it :laugh:  :laugh: Although a big thanks must go to Joe for posting the link to the full story ;) Cheers Joe 8)

Nae worries mate, :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Joe you are better than google >:D

When it comes to finding out about things Barry...Joe is your man...in fact had he been a prisoner of war....Joe would have been the prison camp scrounger to get what one needed to help them escape ;D  ;D

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a little update to the collection now we've started another year, along with it being almost two years since I started sharing my collection in this thread...but who knows what addition's will be added in this next 12 months?? ::)

No new additions to report since my last update with my purchases from Penrith but a couple of tractors have been moved on out of the Valley to find new homes in other collections, both of my Ford 4000's now live near the Scottish Borders in Cumbria and the 4600 (along with a Doe 150) have ventured across the North Sea to find a new home in Holland, (Thanks Mike) And I know both David and Jack will give all four tractors a reet good home 8)..... but work already started on a replacement 4000 and 4600, along with other builds that seem to have come to a standstill over the past few months  :laugh: 

Good News is that during a bit of a sort through I have now found my silver edition UH Power Major that I'd thought I'd lost along with the standard version of the UH blue grey Super Major, pics to be added shortly at next update..... but still seem to have other tractors that are misplaced..... oh well.... I think they'll turn up someday when I least expect it ;)

• Like 9

• 2 months later...