Ford 4610 LP Cab

3 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Ooh great stuff John, I'd hoped one of the main manufacturers would have released some little Fords in my seemingly never ending scraper tractor quest! 

I'm sure they'll turn out brilliantly! 

Thanks Joe, it's funny how the model world can mirror the real one, these full size scraper tractors are becoming harder to find now as well!

45 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Well done John, I must admit I have really lost my way with it all at the moment, I just feel knackered on these dark evenings now! Must get in gear!

Cheers Alastair, I know what you mean, but for me the dark nights mean I can't do anything outside, so I might as well use the time productively.....plus my list of builds is getting longer each day!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Joe, it's funny how the model world can mirror the real one, these full size scraper tractors are becoming harder to find now as well!

I finally did settle on a Weise Deutz D5206 John, very tiny, 2wd, and the box scraper Ian made for me fits it perfectly.

Old Deutz's not too common but there was a scraper D62 in an issue of Classic Tractor last year.  Mine is way too clean though! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Ooh great stuff John, I'd hoped one of the main manufacturers would have released some little Fords in my seemingly never ending scraper tractor quest! 

I'm sure they'll turn out brilliantly! 

I have been hoping that with the last 10 years. Frustrates me when UH done so many small MFs in 1/32 ..and totally snubbed the little Ford's and many others too done small DBs,IHs ,Deutz , Fiat etc.. The UH Pre Force 5000 was as small as it got for the Ford collector unfortunately in 1/32 and also in 1/16 not counting the Fordsons..

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Are you going to get the most out off them skid units John and do more 3 pots like 4000 & 4600 etc ??

I am Justin, now that I've got the bonnets cast as well they can be shortened and married to the skids with the idea of doing a few different 4000/4600 variants.....eventually!

• Like 1

Wow, that 2 wd version is especially great! I think if one of the main manufacturers had made one, my never ending scraper tractor dissatisfaction would have finally ended!.

Really excellent work John, same goes for the Internationals too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Wow, that 2 wd version is especially great! I think if one of the main manufacturers had made one, my never ending scraper tractor dissatisfaction would have finally ended!.

Really excellent work John, same goes for the Internationals too

Cheers Joe, yes it wouldn't look out of place on a scraper....maybe that's a good career change, going to work for Britains or the like....if it hadn't stopped blowing a gale and raining I think this winter could of almost driven me to it!! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, 844john said:

Also made a start on a Meijer flat 8 sledge, this outfit did all the baling when I was young, covering a fair number of acres of hay and straw every year....happy days!

WP_20200603_17_15_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20200603_17_15_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20200603_17_16_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20200603_17_21_27_Pro.jpg

Liking that a lot John, likewise we had one when l was younger, spent hours with Dad in the late 70's on a Ford 6600, Bamford baler and meijer, as you say - happy days. 

There was a trader at Zwolle 3-4 years ago selling decent scratch built versions, l had a wander round the show with the intention of picking it up later on, but they had sold out when I went back. Kicking myself for not buying when I had the opportunity . :unsure:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JEP said:

Liking that a lot John, likewise we had one when l was younger, spent hours with Dad in the late 70's on a Ford 6600, Bamford baler and meijer, as you say - happy days. 

There was a trader at Zwolle 3-4 years ago selling decent scratch built versions, l had a wander round the show with the intention of picking it up later on, but they had sold out when I went back. Kicking myself for not buying when I had the opportunity . :unsure:

Thanks John, yes, lots of happy memories, although sometimes I can remember it not always running smoothly! I know it had a tendency to not always trip when the sledge was full if the field was rigs and furrows, and sometimes the shedding gate on the ramp didn't always flip over properly to send the bales either way, so I remember spending a lot of time riding on the drawbar of the sledge watching the gate and tripping it manually if the last bale didn't open it......great times, but not sure what health and safety would make of it now!

• Haha 1