Leyland / Marshall

16 minutes ago, mb86 said:

It needs to snow more often if this is what you get up to when you can’t get on with your farm work:D

It doesn't Martin, I've been managing to get to feed the yowes with the truck up to now, but last night's snow and blow has proved too much and we bottomed her and she had to be dragged out...hence why I'm having a "townie" breakfast at half nine!:D

You can't beat a bit of gold ;) looking great John, big question is can you get them to sound as well as they look?? :D joking apart, dont worry too much about the brush painting.... there wont be a single leyland or marshall in the country that hasnt got the odd brush mark on it somewhere, even those in original untouched clothes will have trace of the odd dab with a brush from the factories at Bathgate and Gainsborough ;)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

Incredible work as per usual John! Don’t see too many Leylands/Marshall’s around here, a very MF and Ford dominated area! 

Thank you Will, they were very popular once over around here with a dealer only being a few miles away, there's still plenty left on farms now!

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

You can't beat a bit of gold ;) looking great John, big question is can you get them to sound as well as they look?? :D joking apart, dont worry too much about the brush painting.... there wont be a single leyland or marshall in the country that hasnt got the odd brush mark on it somewhere, even those in original untouched clothes will have trace of the odd dab with a brush from the factories at Bathgate and Gainsborough ;)

Thanks Paul, although I'm very doubtful any will be whistling in the near future! Truth be told, i just wanted to see some paint on them and the weather's been useless for spraying, and also to try out the glazing which i can't do until they're painted, so i just clagged some on with a brush! :D As these are just the prototypes and are a bit rough around the edges, they'll probably end up sanded back and weathered slightly to go on my diorama, so the paint work won't matter as much then;)

• Like 1