Whats on your workbench???

done it now, went 3 point all round, just need to source some replicagri top links to make it easier, used the newer wheels i had, exhaust is temp, pretty sure i have a straight pipe with top flap in the box. cant find decent decals anywhere at the mo either, located the extra steps needed for each side, cabs a mm or 2 low at present ,but easily sortable.

IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3321.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

really not sure if bigger tyres all round suits it, just doesn't look like how i remember them back in the day 

IMG_3324.jpeg

Check out the pictures of MF 3690's on Google. The wheel arches of the 3690 are wider than the 3080. I think you used Fendt 514 tyres in the first pics. Those were 38 inches, not sure if they were 600 or 650 mm wide. 42 inches or 710/70R38 look better in my opinion. You might change the front wheels too for a bit chunkier ones and put the front arches higher. It makes the bonnet sit a bit higher. I think that would solve it.

Edited by New Hollander

I am happy with the height of the cab and bonnet, the side lights/indicators on the grab rails  sit level with the top as per all the pics, i have another set of rears , bigger than the fendt 515 ones , but no fronts to match , these are of a fendt 818 i think , certainly a uh fendt  at least 

On 9/18/2023 at 7:38 PM, Tractorman810 said:

went out to tidy the shed yesterday when it was raining, and didn't achieve much, got distracted after finding a box of bits 😆😆😆😆. got the dremmel and moved the front a el forward a bit and test fitted ,but the question is, do i go the whole hog and put 3 point on the rear as well.also got a poss set of slightly bigger tyres for the rear, thought i got the fronts as well, but cant find them, so i think it will stay on these 

IMG_3314.jpeg

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3316.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

Edited by Paul Palmer

uh 2640 chassis, modified for the wheelbase.

just been playing around and i think i have been thrown by an optical illusion, now i have the third step on it looks a lot better  , i do need to look at the wings width ,but i may just cheat and put plastic extensions on, as from pics,at 1/32 its prob only 2/3 mm if that bigger ?.

IMG_3325.jpeg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

uh 2640 chassis, modified for the wheelbase.

just been playing around and i think i have been thrown by an optical illusion, now i have the third step on it looks a lot better  , i do need to look at the wings width ,but i may just cheat and put plastic extensions on, as from pics,at 1/32 its prob only 2/3 mm if that bigger ?.

IMG_3325.jpeg

When I done a 3655 for a customer I widened the rear mudguards with 3mm plastic strip IMG_6953.thumb.jpeg.89a7da98eba95719c6f4018b4689d053.jpegIMG_6954.thumb.jpeg.25d178b1326baebcac3ed121e8ad40e4.jpeg

• Like 4

Funnily enough I past a 3670 in a roadside field with a set of discs on my way home. Hadn't seen it before, I think the small holder used to have a 3645 before which he had owned from new. Anyways it had 42 inch rears like seans model and standard looking tyres (20.8s probably) and definately standard fenders. Very few 3600s had wide fenders round here.  So even modern day 650/65/ R42s which are pretty common on 180+ hp tractors would be too big for 3670/90s.  Farmer Phil has been shooting lots of footage of his 3690 just lately with a good few videos of it, and its pretty standard spec, unlike Grassmens over the top version.

Edited by phil phoenix

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

The more i think about it the more i recon i will extend them hugh , always knew they were to narrow , its just how you hide it i guess, properly like you or the black plastic extensions which would be less work. But they are far less common in the uk from looking at pics 

Could you not sketch them up in CAD Sean in Super Quality with 50% infill, ??

Regards

Joe.

15 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Fairy Nuff, I would need to have though, my scratch building was never very great anyhoo.:(

Regards

Joe

Its weird i have found that what looks right in cad , measurements wise  ect doesn't always seem to fit right in reality once printed . Not sure if its my perception on cad ?? Or something weird in print / materials used and they shrink a bit or something ??? 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its weird i have found that what looks right in cad , measurements wise  ect doesn't always seem to fit right in reality once printed . Not sure if its my perception on cad ?? Or something weird in print / materials used and they shrink a bit or something ??? 

Just re-read my reply, I missed out " a go " , Yes I think  there probably is a wee bit shrinkage, I'm working on a project just now that requires M3 bolt's to make it work properly, CAD the holes to 3mm then screw in the bolt's, go back a few hour's later to remove them only to find they are tighter than when I first screwed them in, ??

Regards

Joe.

Braemere Richard Western is nearly finished few more bits to add then I'll be happy. Replaced all the green steel wire with brass pins which is much better. My first sort of go with model building fairly satisfied but think I'm going to delve into brass and soldering as not really happy with the strength of this plastic type build. 

IMG_20230928_174402.jpg

• Like 7