Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

I'd be amazed if this sells, I think it's more a case of silly bidding with no intention to buy it. Unfortunately eBay is slightly too sided with the buyer and while when you click 'Confirm Bid' you enter a binding contract eBay won't forcible retrieve that money from the buyers account. However fair play if it does! I'd love an auction that successful

On 1/11/2021 at 8:34 PM, phil phoenix said:

Well I was right about getting better prices for older machines.............The 2725E made £157.00 which was a fair reflection  of the cost of materials and my time, albeit a labour of love.  Hope shes gone to a good home and that the new owner enjoys her as much as I did making the model.

It went to a very good home Phil. Delighted to have some of your excellent work sat in my collection. Absolutely love it. 

received_900683017423746.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Ahh well done Dave, I couldnt have wished for it to go to a better home:wub:

Ive never been to sentimental with keeping models as my real pleasure is in planning and doing the conversions, big or modest.  I usually keep them for a year or more and then sell them and let someone else enjoy them.

Thanks ever so much Phil. The auction was a very close run thing in the last few seconds. Think there was three of us put final bids in at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Very rake! as opposed to only a bit rake :huh:

20 minutes ago, AndyB said:

now i suspect if he had set a lot lower reserve and gone from say 100 quid , he may well have got close to that price in the end anyway, last one i saw was pushing 280 odd a while back , thats nothing more than greed from the start

12 hours ago, trigger82 said:

I suspect that will go quite a bit higher, There's a fair few folk out there that would love a Wagenhof 1455XL in their collection,

Regards

Joe.

Wagenhof.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

I suspect that will go quite a bit higher, There's a fair few folk out there that would love a Wagenhof 1455XL in their collection,

Regards

Joe.

Wagenhof.jpg

Agreed Joe, very reasonable price at the moment for a model that's becoming much harder to find these days. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it pushes £300+

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Never heard off the Wagenhof brand. How long ago were they produced and was there many ??

I think they were around about a decade ago before CNH picked up on the fact they were producing them without a license. Three versions produced, IH 1455XL, Case IH 1455XL transition version, and slightly later one before they were stopped. Not sure on numbers, but they don't come up for sale all that often. Bought mine 4 or 5 years ago and paid between £140 and £175 for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Never heard off the Wagenhof brand. How long ago were they produced and was there many ??

Wagenhof only built limited numbers and were unlicensed , IH made them shut down eventually, But Manu S still got away with producing models because he made kits, No idea if he still makes them, I made one a long time ago now,https://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/13390-manu-s-ih-1455xl-finishedsorry-sean/?tab=comments#comment-356397

Here is Emmanuel's web site, I've run it through Google Translate, You would need to e-mail him to ask if he still makes all of these models,

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&u=https://www.esminiatures.com/

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, justy 46 said:

They look quiet nice models for something that was pre Schuco in their day.

Really nice models Justin, not much in the way of moving parts, but excellent detail for the time they were released, quite delicate. I see the one on eBay got up to £290, excellent price. 

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-SIKU-4257-MF-9280-Combine-Harvester-w-GRAIN-HEADER-TRANSPORT-Trailer-MIB/264911470812?hash=item3dadf440dc:g:RRUAAOSwoVFfkThg

Is this quite a high price for this do you think?

If its the one I sold this seller, he should make a tidy profit if it is!

It went for a lousy £24!

19 hours ago, Barry said:

2031114917_case50000.thumb.jpg.d2c95c64f3a15cee3f6bb41fe767eb29.jpg

makes me wish that I had kept hold of the Maxxum 5150 that I sold just before Christmas, £40 I got for it if I remember rightly. It would also have made a good display alongside the Magnum that I have just got as well, que sera.

12 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-SIKU-4257-MF-9280-Combine-Harvester-w-GRAIN-HEADER-TRANSPORT-Trailer-MIB/264911470812?hash=item3dadf440dc:g:RRUAAOSwoVFfkThg

Is this quite a high price for this do you think?

If its the one I sold this seller, he should make a tidy profit if it is!

It went for a lousy £24!

I find Siku prices poor second hand, better off sitting in my attic till later on in life. I have been told they fetch better prices in Europe, which you would probably expect. I collected Siku till the very end and have most of the recent models but would rarely have them on my layout as they never looked quite right to me. Some of the implements though are a different story. 

1 hour ago, hody21 said:

I find Siku prices poor second hand, better off sitting in my attic till later on in life. I have been told they fetch better prices in Europe, which you would probably expect. I collected Siku till the very end and have most of the recent models but would rarely have them on my layout as they never looked quite right to me. Some of the implements though are a different story. 

Basicly Siku are classed as toys , not high detailed models. Maybe in around 25 to 30 years time , Siku items would fetch higher prices like the vintage Britains are today. But as you say...mainland Europe is their market , not much demand for them in UK and Ireland compared to Britains items. The very first Siku Deutz DX and TW-35 etc or 80s era Siku  will now fetch money...90s era stuff is still not quiet there yet.

• Like 1