The Weather in General

Udimore

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

well buger me its only snowing in the middle of plymouth,which is pretty rare i have to say,but as predicted the roads have gone to rat, pretty much gridlock now, only about half an inch if that, but stuck busses, lorrys and cars on the smallest of gradients . imagine it being a hell of a snow fall 

Photos or it didn't happen! :lol:

• Haha 1

I was concentrating on negotiating the van through it all mike . Its just them who cant handle it ,  2 lanes down to one in rush hour and doing the chicanes round stuff causes more agro ,  wife just taken 1.5 hours to do a normal 30 min drive in rush hour , said much the same as me 

• Like 1

Just saw pictures on the news A30 road in Cornwall is at a standstill due to the snow , Wales is getting it as well . Down here in Suffolk it was minus 6 this morning then by 8am it came over very foggy then cleared to bright sunshine and as there was no wind it was a pleasant day ,turned cold again now its about -1 we might get some snow overnight  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

yeah a mate of mines stuck up there, hes ok, has a nice warm tea room in his lorry,plus a couple of gas rings,/grill so hes sat awaiting the gritters and snow ploughs cooking beans on toast 

Sorry but it’s a bit far for me to tramp down with our gritter and plough . I’m up at two to grit the roads around here , 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dm434 said:

Sorry but it’s a bit far for me to tramp down with our gritter and plough . I’m up at two to grit the roads around here , 

One of the un sung hero's David, your up grafting some mornings whilst most of us are still in bed ;) reckon some of you gritter drivers deserve a bit of respect 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SPN said:

What eejit designed the anti-clockwise one way system in a country that drives on the left?

More to the point, I use this weather radar to see what is heading my way. Can be helpful at times like this.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

I know , same thing happens every time it snows, luckly it doesn't happen that often , apparently they have run out of grit now , some prts have still got a thick layer of ice on them, i had a bag of rock salt in the van so it went exclusively on my van , sod the rest of em  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

One of the un sung hero's David, your up grafting some mornings whilst most of us are still in bed ;) reckon some of you gritter drivers deserve a bit of respect 

nice to be appreciated paul , thank you  . it was just a dusting till around seven then the heavens dropped three inches in half an hour , plenty of people caught out , two cars bumped into each other at catton ,  a passenger got out and got run over by another vehicle and required the air ambulance . not good  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, dm434 said:

nice to be appreciated paul , thank you  . it was just a dusting till around seven then the heavens dropped three inches in half an hour , plenty of people caught out , two cars bumped into each other at catton ,  a passenger got out and got run over by another vehicle and required the air ambulance . not good  

It's changed a bit David, not good when people are getting hurt. I spoke too soon yesterday saying we were only going to have a dusting, it's turned a bit rough here too. I know this much, the best place for the quad on a day like this is in its shed, the heater on those things is rubbish!:D

WP_20190201_15_21_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20190201_15_26_09_Pro.jpg

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, 844john said:

It's changed a bit David, not good when people are getting hurt. I spoke too soon yesterday saying we were only going to have a dusting, it's turned a bit rough here too. I know this much, the best place for the quad on a day like this is in its shed, the heater on those things is rubbish!:D

WP_20190201_15_21_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20190201_15_26_09_Pro.jpg

hell I remember having to use the exhaust fumes to warm my fingers up , farmer was too tight to buy handle bar heaters !I see now the old sod has a jd gater with enclosed cab to run about with 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, robbo said:

Just a bit, registered 39 degrees C driving through Manchester today. I don't like the cold but this is a bit OTT

I had a 6.30am start in driving rain this morning. Was like December.

The High Pressure over the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Etc is forcing the Jet Stream around it clockwise, so we're getting the effects of the Jet Stream pulling moist air from the Caribbean around the High.

2 hours ago, robbo said:

Just a bit, registered 39 degrees C driving through Manchester today. I don't like the cold but this is a bit OTT

Can't have been far off that here mike, don't know what it was but I do know I was pleased I had air con in the tractor this afternoon. There has been some dark clouds bringing menacing rumbles but no rain yet,