Universal Hobbies new releases 2023

Hope for the Massey guys UH improve the quality of the 6S and 7S. If not, take out the glass and remove the black edges with nail polish remover and paint the rubbers on the cab frame black or use a permanent marker. Should not be a big job.

Just wondering why UH did not announce the sales date of the T7.300.

Edited by New Hollander

6 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

Hope for the Massey guys UH improve the quality of the 6S and 7S. If not, take out the glass and remove the black edges with nail polish remover and paint the rubbers on the cab frame black or use a permanent marker. Should not be a big job.

I reckon thats the finished article

1 hour ago, New Hollander said:

Just wondering why UH did not announce the sales date of the T7.300.

I thought the same, I thought it would come out around the same time as the Puma and the Steyr 6280

Disappointed with the Steyr 6150 as it is based on the old NH T6 with the even older T5.110/115 rear wheels and the 2 point hitch (instead of the much nicer wheels and 3 point linkage from the T5.130/4130)

Big opportunity missed.

(Note to self, track down some 4130 rear wheels from a conversionist to transplant onto the 6150)

Edited by SPN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SPN said:

Disappointed with the Steyr 6150 as it is based on the old NH T6 with the even older T5.110/115 rear wheels and the 2 point hitch (instead of the much nicer wheels and 3 point linkage from the T5.130/4130)

Big opportunity missed.

(Note to self, track down some 4130 rear wheels from a conversionist to transplant onto the 6150)

Yeah.. Them wheels look alittle lost under it. 

1 hour ago, SPN said:

Big opportunity missed.

The T6/6150 really needs better wheels and tyres. Now keeps me back from buying another one. Note that the 4130/T5.140 wheels are 34 inch whereas the T5.110/115 are 38 inch. Better look at the Britains Case IH Maxxum 150. Those are 55mm rear and 42 mm front. Just a little bit larger and should have the correct wheels. Only needs a respray and probably some work to fit to the UH axles.

On that note, tyres of the Britains T6.180 are too large as that is based on a T7. Strange that Britains did not use Maxxum 150 as a base for the T6.... 

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

What UH have done with the 7S is the equivelent of removing the large frame 7726 tractors bonnet and then fitting a mediun frame 7718S bonnet in its place! From side view the bonnet now looks like a ski slope!!

So if I wanted to make a decent 7S I have to buy a 5S.145 for cab & fenders, a 6S for wheels & tyres & chassis (which would need to be extended, 7S chassis is same as 7726 which was replaced by 8S!!!!!!)  And a 7S for the bonnet if its right as I'm not quite sure if its dimensions are correct.

Cheapest option?

Buy a CASE 165  they got that right😄

Or buy a 5S remove bonnet and rear wheels. Buy a 6S put its bonnet on 5S (probably same dimension or v. close.) Put 6S rears on 5S and change over fuel tanks steps light indicators etc.  What a hassle.

• Like 1

just wondering what it is with the manufacturers these days. They want to sell at premium prices but they don't seem to have their quality control in order. Are they trying to cut corners or what? Today again I saw two examples: the Replicagri NH TM165 with blue/yellow decals and Marge Steyr 8120 SK2 2wd. Just two models that never existed from the original manufacturers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New Hollander said:

just wondering what it is with the manufacturers these days. They want to sell at premium prices but they don't seem to have their quality control in order. Are they trying to cut corners or what? Today again I saw two examples: the Replicagri NH TM165 with blue/yellow decals and Marge Steyr 8120 SK2 2wd. Just two models that never existed from the original manufacturers.

I was pleased to see the TM with those decals but something about it seemed wrong, I thought the 155 was the largest of those smaller framed tractors at the time.  

4 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I was pleased to see the TM with those decals but something about it seemed wrong, I thought the 155 was the largest of those smaller framed tractors at the time.  

Who are the idiots that decide to make these models.. How are they in their jobs..?? 

• Haha 1

I think there's maybe a key link being overlooked here. Any modern machinery coming from a model maker will be approved by the OEM before final production, they'll look over the prototypes shipped from China and state any alterations required. They will have also provided alot of the spec in the first place, what type of wheels they want it on, what decals are expected to be on the final machine etc, don't forgot often these models are in development before the real machine is announced and last minute changes can happen to a real machine, not just a model one.

So what's being overlooked? From the small number of people I know working for big OEM manufactures it won't be someone at CNH group who is giving sign off on each new model, Case, New Holland and Steyr will all have different people, quite possibly in different departments (and different countries), giving this sign off. I would like to suggest that the person working at Case is alot more passionate, has a greater product knowledge or simply has a greater eye for detail than their counterparts at the sister firms, leading to a more regularly correct Case model.

When I was on placement at Mecalac I did abit of digging as Conrad had just released a model of the new Mecalac 6MDX Dump Truck. I wanted to know what the process had been, unfortunately most of the communication was with the French side of the business, the only communication with the UK was a marketing manager. Given that the machine was developed in the UK it means Conrad probably received vague information from the manufacturer, in their case not a big problem, there's no real variation to a 6 ton dumper, but you can imagine this lack of information causes problems with an item like a tractor that has so many options. 

I'll also add that in my conversations with manufactures out in China they have a tendency to simply say 'yes we can make it' to a series of photos and measurements. So unless they get photos of one single machine they're likely to pick and choose aspects from each machine they receive photos of. I'd be interested to know who is in more control when it comes to what gets made, the OEM's or the model makers like UH?

I've just ordered the NH T6.175 and Case 165 models, the NH because I've used one briefly on hire, the Case simply because it's a good looking tractor and UH have made a good looking model of it! I expect the 260 will also join my collection for the same reasons.

• Like 6

The most obvious error they've made is on the length of the bonnet, you can see this when you look at the vertical silver stripe in front of the cab, its much wider on the model than on the real thing. And consequently the exhaust now looks to far forward & the bonnet slopes too much. They had to extend it because they were using the old 7726 chassis ,cab frame and fenders which are 6 inch higher up on the larger frame tractor compared to the mid frame 7718 (7S.180/90)

You could draw a fairly flat line across the top of the rear fender and across the bonnet top on the real machine, but on UHs "abomination" its nearly a triangle!!!

So much for that "all new tooling",    its not, its a 7726 with new parts added to it.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

simple way to attempt them to get it right,would be not buying them if they are that bad.sure if sales plummeted they would look into why.i   cant say i have seen any real new look 6’s or 7’s down this way properly to have a real good look at, plenty of 5’s mind , from the pics it looks wrong i would agree . prob wont be one for me,as i am trying to keep to stuff i remember now,so not really any later than 2000 , 2005 tops .just dont have the room for it all 

• Like 1