Whats on your workbench???

12 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

A quick run of masking tape around the upper sections should be suitable but it's just as fast to push the two upper sections out of the bottom, paint the bottom, and then push the two upper sections back in. Just make sure you don't loose the two copper spacers inside the ram!

Will try masking it👍

• Like 1

Just started one of these from James - Stabliofarmer

I detest using superglue so I'm using James' latest suggestion of Revell Contacta glue to assemble. Dry's slower than superglue but that gives you time to adjust/fix parts. So far working very well and can recommend.

P

IMG20230516182600.jpg.webp

Edited by PDH
Grammar
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Loving the tandem axle Zac! I'd mocked up one on the computer and couldn't get it to look right, that looks spot on!

Sorry for always modifying your buildsbjust thought be nice to have the pair 🤣 I'll send you a photo of how I did it tonight it was fairly crude and simple 

35 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

Sorry for always modifying your buildsbjust thought be nice to have the pair 🤣 I'll send you a photo of how I did it tonight it was fairly crude and simple 

No need to apologies, its great to see that the kits provide a basis for people to then push them further

• Like 2

Nearly finished the Braemere single axle bale trailer. Just adding some detail and waiting for a few bits to be delivered.

Whilst I wait for the bits to arrive thought I'd start this, again courtesy of Braemere (photo borrowed from Braemere to show the completed model!)

P

IMG20230707163733.jpg.jpeg

Edited by PDH
  • Like 4

More Braemere, finished the dual axle bale trailer on saturday. Needed a mod to the drawbar James as it sits to low for my UH & Ros tractors, it ends up with the front wheels off the ground when glued as suggested.  Also the wheel holes aren't low enough, or tyres are too big as they nearly touched the flatbed until I modified them lower. Pictures attached.

P1000454.JPG

P1000455.JPG

P1000456.JPG

P1000458.JPG

The new Fendt MT is in the workshop  for some detailing along with the Bednar chisel plough.

All the rear of the cab roof should be black not white, so thats getting done. The wingmirror needs glueing back into position as its sagging. And the roof rail needs lifting higher at the back as its sagging too low as well.  Wheelnuts on idlers need painting silver, dealer decals, security triangle and 2020 Reg plate as they switched to the fatter exhaust in 2021. Oh and warning boards above fenders, think thats all😁

Already taken it to bits and cleaned it. And the Bednar is getting a traditional linkage as Ive hacked off the UH version.

P1000460.JPG

P1000462.JPG

• Like 2

I've put a pin in across the bottom of the headstock so the tractors link arms pick it up. All USK Challengers have decent lift arms that are stiff to move up and with the weight of the models they can lift and hold up heavy mounted implements that other brands can't. I'm using a small bent copper pin at the top of the headstock to secure the top link. 

Also finished all the work on the cab, will piece it all together tomorrow when the painting has all dried.

P1000463.JPG

P1000465.JPG

P1000466.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

More Braemere, finished the dual axle bale trailer on saturday. Needed a mod to the drawbar James as it sits to low for my UH & Ros tractors, it ends up with the front wheels off the ground when glued as suggested.  Also the wheel holes aren't low enough, or tyres are too big as they nearly touched the flatbed until I modified them lower. Pictures attached.

P1000458.JPG

Thanks for the feedback Phil, this was the original kit so is probably ready for an overhaul, add in a range of headboards and it suddenly becomes a much more versatile kit! All the newer kits have a different suspension set up that lets the front axle rise up and down in a slot to stay on the floor. First I've heard of the wheels though with over 100 of them out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Thanks for the feedback Phil, this was the original kit so is probably ready for an overhaul, add in a range of headboards and it suddenly becomes a much more versatile kit! All the newer kits have a different suspension set up that lets the front axle rise up and down in a slot to stay on the floor. First I've heard of the wheels though with over 100 of them out there.

I have noticed the front axle being off the ground on some of my wiking tractors, but no issue with the universal hobbies ones. The newer front suspension/ adjustable drawbar was a nice touch on the broughan trailer

• Like 1