Britains 2021 New Releases

IH885XLMAN

To be fair most of that list is wanted but wont be a britains made item, most would  to fine and delicate once scaled down for a toy company to make i recon, so more likely to be uh or ros , even limited tun resin ones however i am and always have been surprised they didnt do the opu cabbed jds when they have 3/4 of the moulds already , would only need to develop the cab, interior and the arches (those battery  box lumps each side could be on the arch moulds) all are plastic so easy to do parts 

45 minutes ago, Steve P said:

Whats that Ih 1055 all about ?, thats for the US market surely?, can we have something more appropriate for the 100 years of BRITAINS models please..

It seems Britains are going back to the bad spell the had on the late 90's taking the shortcuts and the easy way out off everything.!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know what ... ..i sint going to complain 

My shopping list is a few ford 6600s 

A few 3050s one 3650 to move the 4wd axel over to the 3050  hope for a few inters and davie browns  but ok re runs but no im not complaining  remrmber we been kn a pandemic  the markets knackerd if this was 5 years ago we would all be jumping for joy UH regurgitate old models all the time so im letting britains off for this year sorry everything  i said bad but it aint tgat bad a roll out of new stuff tbh 

• Like 1

They could do so.much more with the 6600 tooling if they wanted.  A 5600 simple.  Gen 1 5610 , 6610 & 7610 by just changing the front grill..Then a whole range off 4wds could also be produced and even County versions. I know if it were UH , Replicagri or ROS, them castings would have been milked along time ago ..

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ford man said:

If this is the first quarter, what’s for the rest of year. I’m hearing the Kane tri axle half pipe and a hedge cutter...any one else hear 

Despite all the classics coming out, I really hope you are right about the Kane tri axle trailer!

On 11/27/2020 at 10:25 AM, justy 46 said:

They could do so.much more with the 6600 tooling if they wanted.  A 5600 simple.  Gen 1 5610 , 6610 & 7610 by just changing the front grill..Then a whole range off 4wds could also be produced and even County versions. I know if it were UH , Replicagri or ROS, them castings would have been milked along time ago ..

At a guess I would say it is testing costs that stop Britains from milking castings. I remember when Andy was developing the Bunnings spreader for FTF/Model farmer he shared photos of them checking trap points etc with a plastic hand. I imagine trying to develop a 4wd or county axle that meets the standards while still looking the part is not worth the research costs. I imagine the same reason could apply to why the DB's have such a narrow bonnet, so that when the front axle pivots it doesn't create a pinch point. UH and the like don't have these issues as they are not marketed as toys.

I also imagine it would be difficult to suggest any of the variants you mention when Britains key market is considered. A collector looking for such a specific model number is likely to want higher detail than the toy market offers, so Britains will concentrate on the most generic largest sellers.

The same theory applies again to the implement side I suppose. Implements are normally more finicky than the tractor, so to make them to toy standards is probably difficult. Also there is such a wide range of both implement type and manufacturer that to make a decision on one specific type and model would be incredibly risky from a development cost to returns perspective.

All just a guess mind, it could well be purely down to management not recognising what the market looks for.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • robbo pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 1:48 PM, IH885XLMAN said:

So any news on the Britains 2021 caologues being rolled out 

Or when the ford 6600s go back on geneal sale 

I cant get them yet and I have still not seen any confirmation of the 6600 re-release.....?  Britains are planning several 'surprise' releases in 2021, but who knows!

Has anybody noticed the new Britains set, the one made out of the box and aimed at younger ones. The tractor and loader that comes with it is a John Deere 30 series. As far as I know Britains have never previously made such a model in 1/32. In the pictures it doesn't look half bad and just needs a little more detail ( mirrors, weights etc ). Maybe one of the surprise models for this year as part of a classic range. 

Britains-Farm-in-a-Box-full.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hody21 said:

Has anybody noticed the new Britains set, the one made out of the box and aimed at younger ones. The tractor and loader that comes with it is a John Deere 30 series. As far as I know Britains have never previously made such a model in 1/32. In the pictures it doesn't look half bad and just needs a little more detail ( mirrors, weights etc ). Maybe one of the surprise models for this year as part of a classic range. 

Why go to the bother when the Siku version is still available ..

2 hours ago, hody21 said:

I would suggest its 'roughly' 1/32.......

• Like 1