Whats on your workbench???

The best things about the Trion 750 model  are the 36ft header, terra tracs unit & rear wheels and tyres.  So I've pinched them all of it and at great expense🙄 I will fit them to an older Wiking Lexion 700 model.  I managed to find a wheeled 760  with conspeed header for acceptable money at the Spalding show.  

I must say the old pre -Marge Wiking Lexion model is incredibly well detailed, everything moves or lifts😎 (unlike Marge's or the Siku standard Trion)..............its few weak points were the unpainted cutterbar, the cheap rear tyres and over large 760 decal's on the side panel's, but I am being purposely harsh on one of Wiking's best ever models.

So off to work, the Trion cutterbar is a perfect match for the Lex 760 and looks great with the spruced up 1080 split reel cutterbar. 

Next up swap the rear wheels/ tyres over..........the tyres are well detailed, fatter and the nice wheel rims are already painted the right shade of red and just needed the nuts painted silver.

I also painted the black parts at the bottom of the panels which weren't quite finished imo.

P1090596.JPG

The Lexion 700's were in production from 2013 to 2020 and overlapped the release of the new 7 & 8000 series, the new models first appeared in 2019 pre production machines and featured eye catching red track wheel idler's instead of the black ones on the previous 700's.  But wait!!! In 2019 the outgoing 700's switched to red idler's as well.  I only recently noticed that when doing some research for this conversion.

Personally I prefer the older black versions on the 700 series so I decided to spray them black🙂

Next up I'm going to fit the Trion track units onto the Lexion, looks fairly straightforward with a bit of modification.

P1090592.JPG

P1090597.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

This Ros Fendt 720 was in my scrap box after I broke one of the mirrors off, but I thought I'd fix it instead.  Glued the mirror back on, plus one of the work lights which had also come off.  Beacons are glued in as well.  Will put up with the tyres as it was my attempts to remove them that caused me to break the mirror off in the first place. The front top link needs filing so the weight is held better, my wilko needle files are all a bit too big so need some finer ones.

20221026_000552.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Marshall muck spreader nearing completion… just want anyone’s opinion on the piece of wood I added( not the correct term but seen it on most Marshall spreaders) , is it too tall?3C83C852-3FDB-4F56-BBD9-062C160DCB5D.thumb.jpeg.c1f3634f19c0465c04bfe22615ca10ca.jpeg

92AB0F97-78A3-4747-97BE-907E410AF49F.jpeg

Very smart Jack. I like that a lot 

finally got back to a bit of printing ,and something i have wanted to do for a while,one one james resin ford d series, printed chassis, with working steering, and a drop side tipper, which will have a couple of runs round of greedy boards as well, ,we did have one of these(single axel) for a few years before we bought a leyland constructor for our grain wagon, so a little artistic imagination here, but the body's much the same  .nothings fixed yet, just a mock up to make sure i have all the dimensions right .

59D1C23C-4419-4269-8D59-AC6BD7ECCC8D.jpeg

9714D486-570E-4EEE-B360-CF0155FA91C9.jpeg

3F72E195-2761-4639-8CAF-1EA7CBD9DE40.jpeg

• Like 8

On 10/30/2022 at 7:03 PM, Jack390 said:

Marshall muck spreader nearing completion… just want anyone’s opinion on the piece of wood I added( not the correct term but seen it on most Marshall spreaders) , is it too tall?3C83C852-3FDB-4F56-BBD9-062C160DCB5D.thumb.jpeg.c1f3634f19c0465c04bfe22615ca10ca.jpeg

92AB0F97-78A3-4747-97BE-907E410AF49F.jpeg

Very nice work Jack, you should be proud of that!👍 As for the wood, it was fitted or available as an option on many barrel spreaders to give some protection to the barrel from knocks and scrapes when you were loading it. It was usually about 1.5 to 2 inches high, which roughly works out at about 1 to 1.5 mm in 1/32 scale, but I wouldn’t worry at all, I still think it looks grand

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Very nice work Jack, you should be proud of that!👍 As for the wood, it was fitted or available as an option on many barrel spreaders to give some protection to the barrel from knocks and scrapes when you were loading it. It was usually about 1.5 to 2 inches high, which roughly works out at about 1 to 1.5 mm in 1/32 scale, but I wouldn’t worry at all, I still think it looks grand

Thanks John for the information 👍