Whats on your workbench???

12 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

I’ve had it on my list for a while after a conversation with our local Claydon rep via Twitter! I found the parts manuals and the brochures quite handy, using publisher I made side views to scale from stated dimensions! However since starting making the models we bought one on our home farm so if you need a hand with pictures and dimensions just shout 👌🏻

Will do Will, I've just moved house and getting walls painted, new radiators fitted and carpets is taking up my time at the moment, when I'm back at it I'll drop you a message.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 8:01 PM, justy 46 said:

About 3 weeks. Longest part was stripping the paint and maybe 6 days waiting on the few bits from Dave.  It was not time consuming to be honest. Could probably have turned around quicker if I wanted to. 😁

Hi,

Can i just give you a tip in what paint stripper i'm using?
I've been struggling this subject years ago, using paint strippers from the lumberyards, but this quality just sucks. 😡

So i finally found me a much better solution for this: i visit the local car damage repair company, and ask them to sell me just about a liter or so from the paint stripper they use. And thát is form a professional quality, and thát is what one remarks!! The paint is off in minutes!!!! But beware: only to be used on die-cast-models. Any plastic will be useless after it gets in contact with this liquid.........

Just to give you an idea, here's a YouTube-video i once made:

https://youtu.be/DxVddDElpEA

Best regards,

Jan

• Like 1

Not being funny or anything Sean 'cause I know you prefer building your models by hand but you do now have a new skill to aid model building and most of that cab could be sketched out fairly easily, The cab roof would look really good printed useing Wood effect filament printed .5 ml thin, I did this cab front purely from a scanned photo, the bale in the background is produced useing Wood effect filament it has a nice grainy texture.

Regards

Joe

DSCN0576.jpg

Couple of kits getting built up and a Britain’s trailer I started around 2008.  It’s finally getting everything painted properly and put together.  Not the most amazing build but it was what I started so I’ll Finnish it 

625C55E0-15F1-469E-9198-1CFCA46DDC54.jpeg

0A3FD471-9039-4E85-8553-823B8CF67B75.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Not being funny or anything Sean 'cause I know you prefer building your models by hand but you do now have a new skill to aid model building and most of that cab could be sketched out fairly easily, The cab roof would look really good printed useing Wood effect filament printed .5 ml thin, I did this cab front purely from a scanned photo, the bale in the background is produced useing Wood effect filament it has a nice grainy texture.

Regards

Joe

DSCN0576.jpg

may be on my list at some point, but i have another cab in mind for my first attempt, to get a build i have 1/4 done on the shelf,the cabs always been an issue,but i may just get there now 

46 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

may be on my list at some point, but i have another cab in mind for my first attempt, to get a build i have 1/4 done on the shelf,the cabs always been an issue,but i may just get there now 

Ok but I have just remembered, Before you start building your printer find that Micro SD card as there is a  video on that showing how to build the machine, Can't remember if it mentions that in the actual diogram on how to assemble it.

Regards

Joe.

13 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Ok but I have just remembered, Before you start building your printer find that Micro SD card as there is a  video on that showing how to build the machine, Can't remember if it mentions that in the actual diogram on how to assemble it.

Regards

Joe.

best find the adaptor for the i pad, got one somewhere ,used it on holiday one year.

The assembly is quite straight forward, but I've built one before, the only things to look out for is to make sure the "nut's" on the T nuts turn around in the slots in the aluminium extrusions and getting the sockets on the silly JST ( Japanese Solderless Terminals ) plugs the right way round they are all labelled but hard to let if your offering them up in the correct alignment ie front or back.

Regards

Joe.

Best of luck, and as usual there is a Creality produced video on Youtube, not exactly the same as the one on the SD card but very similar and that electronic voice is a real pain, When I got mine built I had to take all the pressure off the springs they had been screwed right down possibly to save damage in transit you see that near the end, looks a bit Heath Robinson useing a sheet of paper to achieve a level bet but that is the standard I use a strip of matt photo paper as it has just enough rigidity to PUSH as well as pull.

Regards

Joe.

Hi all,

Working on the Caterpillar D8H, and in between the Landini-project, the process continues in a slow but steady speed.

At the moment the body is finished, cab was already finished, but i need to do the last step; airbrushing and assembling the tracks. Each single part needs to be primered and painted in yellow before assembling and mounting to the body. When assembling the tracks some small pieces of paint are falling off, and thus there's the need to "repair damage" after mounting. So after mounting, the yellow has to be finished locally, and as a final finish the laquer has to be sprayed. I think it is wise to cover the body before re-spraying yellow and laquer, but first the last pieces of tracks need to be done. Each side covers 42 pieces.............

But okay, here's a view of one side mounted, the other will follow in time, but enjoy with me the current status as shown here.

IMG_6177.JPG.31c4742277de28671685cb57ad5208be.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG.7712bc3652e4ed6a916ea58dbfe0d5c1.JPG

Best regards,

Jan

Edited by WHITESNAKE01
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi all,

Working on the Caterpillar D8H, and in between the Landini-project, the process continues in a slow but steady speed.

At the moment the body is finished, cab was already finished, but i need to do the last step; airbrushing and assembling the tracks. Each single part needs to be primered and painted in yellow before assembling and mounting to the body. When assembling the tracks some small pieces of paint are falling off, and thus there's the need to "repair damage" after mounting. So after mounting, the yellow has to be finished locally, and as a final finish the laquer has to be sprayed. I think it is wise to cover the body before re-spraying yellow and laquer, but first the last pieces of tracks need to be done. Each side covers 42 pieces.............

But okay, here's a view of one side mounted, the other will follow in time, but enjoy with me the current status as shown here.

IMG_6177.JPG.31c4742277de28671685cb57ad5208be.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG.7712bc3652e4ed6a916ea58dbfe0d5c1.JPG

Best regards,

Jan

That looks excellent.

What scale is it? And who makes them (l assume it is made up in kit form?).

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, smithy said:

Must be 12 years then since me and Martyn came to yours one evening to pick one up ,them years have gone by quick 

It’s something like that. Would have been the last time I built any

• Like 1