Whats on your workbench???

3 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nothing Agri related this Xmas. Got this as a gift from my sister. An Airfix Sea King chopper 1/72.  Avation is, my other passion.. Had one years ago in the yellow RAF theme... So something to tip away on over the hols.. 😁

IMG_20221226_173840.jpg

Real thing built 3 mile away from me in Yeovil! 

34 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

Real thing built 3 mile away from me in Yeovil! 

Was there at the Fleet Arm Arm Museum back in 1996. We took a holiday to Weymouth for 2 weeks and took a day trip up there. I was only about 15 at the time.  There was also a naval helicopter base between Weymouth and Portland then. There were Lynxs and Sea Kings flying over our camp site every day. I remember going out to the viewing area near the base with my dad  and watching them in and out some evenings..  And alittle cabbless industrial 4610 towing them around the ramp.. 😁😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Was there at the Fleet Arm Arm Museum back in 1996. We took a holiday to Weymouth for 2 weeks and took a day trip up there. I was only about 15 at the time.  There was also a naval helicopter base between Weymouth and Portland then. There were Lynxs and Sea Kings flying over our camp site every day. I remember going out to the viewing area near the base with my dad  and watching them in and out some evenings..  And alittle cabbless industrial 4610 towing them around the ramp.. 😁😉

Ah yea, I'm just the other side I see them go around on a daily basis both from Westlands and yeovilton, you can certainly feel when a chinnock goes over the house on the way back! The naval base at Portland is now the coastguard that use that. I aught to learn a bit more about my local history. We are very lucky really. The Ariel car factory is also 2 minutes down the road! See the test cars every day on the way to work 🤣 just with they'd drop one home 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anderson Agri said:

Ah yea, I'm just the other side I see them go around on a daily basis both from Westlands and yeovilton, you can certainly feel when a chinnock goes over the house on the way back! The naval base at Portland is now the coastguard that use that. I aught to learn a bit more about my local history. We are very lucky really. The Ariel car factory is also 2 minutes down the road! See the test cars every day on the way to work 🤣 just with they'd drop one home 🤣🤣

Yeah. I'd say there is some wack off them Chinnoks. I see one performing at RIAT back in 2019. Is the Portland base is redeveloped now for properties and the base is reduced in size with a few Coastguard helicopters there. AW-139s I think. 

theres a company still using portland for air sea rescue training as well justin, use old sea kings painted orange, its not owned by the coast guards either, often see them flying if you keep an eye on flight radar ( https://helioperations.co/portland) .the docks are still used by the rfa for the tankers, and our old sub sea section is based there now, have 2 ships there with a purpose built fibre optic building for making the joints, and loading cable . dont think to much got turned into housing in the end 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

theres a company still using portland for air sea rescue training as well justin, use old sea kings painted orange, its not owned by the coast guards either, often see them flying if you keep an eye on flight radar ( https://helioperations.co/portland) .the docks are still used by the rfa for the tankers, and our old sub sea section is based there now, have 2 ships there with a purpose built fibre optic building for making the joints, and loading cable . dont think to much got turned into housing in the end 

Are you living near Weymouth Sean?  It's over 25 years since I was there. But its a nice place.. 

I dont know how many UH MF7600/7700/7700S models I have bought since the original 7624 in 2012 but Ive never been happy with the front rims! Yes they are the right shape but their too wide. I measured them at 27mm across and when you times that by 32 and then divide by 25.4 for inches you end up with a 34 inch rim!! Thats Fendt 900 territory, no wonder they look oversized.

So for my black 7726S which is the best version UH have made so far imo, I tried fitting a set of MK3 Valtra T rims which aren't dissimilar to one of MF rim versions and measure 24.5mm which is bang on 30 inch rims. Then sprayed them sapphire grey firstly. And then fitted the four nicely detailed trelly tyres off the Valtra and finally the model looks right😎.......I left off the wheel weights on this model although they are nice. But I found a black weight to hang on the front links and match the paint work. Definately my favourite MF model todate.

P1090733.JPG

P1090758.JPG

• Like 6

18 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

I dont know how many UH MF7600/7700/7700S models I have bought since the original 7624 in 2012 but Ive never been happy with the front rims! Yes they are the right shape but their too wide. I measured them at 27mm across and when you times that by 32 and then divide by 25.4 for inches you end up with a 34 inch rim!! Thats Fendt 900 territory, no wonder they look oversized.

So for my black 7726S which is the best version UH have made so far imo, I tried fitting a set of MK3 Valtra T rims which aren't dissimilar to one of MF rim versions and measure 24.5mm which is bang on 30 inch rims. Then sprayed them sapphire grey firstly. And then fitted the four nicely detailed trelly tyres off the Valtra and finally the model looks right😎.......I left off the wheel weights on this model although they are nice. But I found a black weight to hang on the front links and match the paint work. Definately my favourite MF model todate.

P1090733.JPG

P1090758.JPG

Very tempted to copy this idea Phil, I love the Massey just not keen on those front rims.

It would mean dismantling the Valtra T4 to Rob the wheels though...

Yes I understand Joe, Ive had several Valtra Ts and all got cannibalised for convo's rather unfairly as they are amongst UH's best models todate. And the mk3 Ts don't come up for sale very often either. I had stuck my last set of Valtra T wheels and tyres on my Deutz Warrior as Weise had made a total horlicks of their original wheel rim measurements!!  The Deutz looked really good on the donor set & I sold the model, but the "airhead" who won the auction couldn't grasp the fact that in order to own the model you have to firstly pay for it🙄, nevermind it allowed me to change my mind and put the wheel set on the MF above which i'm now delighted with.

I preferred the facelift T163's and had both white, dark green and brown ones but would have liked a silver grey or metallic red version to keep.

MF 7700 tractors come on at least 4 different front rim styles and then depending on which way the driver fits them on you get 4 more variations!!!!  Hughs front wheel styling is definately used on a few round here.

I guess AGCO's buyer puts tenders out for a bulk delivery with different wheel makers and thats why they differ so much, and why you see Fendt and Valtra using the same ones in different colours to MF.

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 12:15 PM, phil phoenix said:

Yes I understand Joe, Ive had several Valtra Ts and all got cannibalised for convo's rather unfairly as they are amongst UH's best models todate. And the mk3 Ts don't come up for sale very often either. I had stuck my last set of Valtra T wheels and tyres on my Deutz Warrior as Weise had made a total horlicks of their original wheel rim measurements!!  The Deutz looked really good on the donor set & I sold the model, but the "airhead" who won the auction couldn't grasp the fact that in order to own the model you have to firstly pay for it🙄, nevermind it allowed me to change my mind and put the wheel set on the MF above which i'm now delighted with.

I preferred the facelift T163's and had both white, dark green and brown ones but would have liked a silver grey or metallic red version to keep.

cheers paul, got the back end painted up this morn, had a clean out of the cupboard in the shed and tucked at the back was a tin of mf stoneleigh grey, thought i had some but wasnt sure . so no need for a visit to the dealer just yet. just need to add 4 hydralic points across the top once the reds dried properly . also had a clean up and found every bit of this uh 1250, which i got ages ago in parts, was mising its back end, but i had a spare 1200 one from another smashed one i got ., so put back together bar wheels ,may yet do similar with this as well, with the back end?. 

A7EA399D-3091-40B6-A127-2421A0D3CCCA.jpeg

4D4F2E2F-1353-428D-B199-D28EDEC331C2.jpeg

9D95C86A-3CD0-4431-99CB-21298BB49644.jpeg

• Like 5