Whats on your workbench???

Made a little more progress on the Claydon V Drill.  I have added the seed pipe work, sprayed the press wheels grey and painted the tank.  It has been near impossible to get paint go match the Sulky colour.  All that is needed now is to add the rear steps, inspection platform, add the markers and the tines.  

I have also started work again on the Larrington Guardian Box Loader.  I have built 2 of the 8 box loaders so far.  Still along way to go.

20220115_194401.jpg

20220115_183355.jpg

20220115_183534.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

started the front lower screen, tried some red raincoat stuff first,but was way to fiddly and once you got it to glue it just looked a mess, so after a couple of goes, i settled on this one,.15mm plastic card, its currently sat drying off ready for a gloss coat on the outside part,and some glass on the inner.also got the basic shape of the deluxe doors done,ready to make the hinges, but i need to sand down the frames  shape first so i can make the arch infills these had ,this will be fixed to the cabs frame, so it comes on and off with it, leaving the model to be used in standard form as well  and yes i broke one of the door hinges again,bloody fat pinkies trying to get in .

B2086624-21DC-48AC-8327-54BEBC0F5718.jpeg

046AFD9E-229D-4BDC-9423-2B5F17CC073E.jpeg

9FAC9BE5-871B-4FA8-AA8F-F350C011B4A5.jpeg

• Like 7

mishap  with the lower front screen, so another had to be made and is currently drying,so cracked on with the other, first door sorted and working, second currently fixing glue wise on the hinges,also sanded down the cab frame so i could fit the wing extenders inside ,just got to add the returns when it bolts to the arch.

really need to get some decals made for them,or try myself, think i will do this as a 168 ,with the flexicab staying a 185.

3EEF8926-F8D6-46C9-9E62-14385A5E9797.jpeg

7868BCFF-D62A-4317-A6DC-F31584920A36.jpeg

FA1EDFD0-531F-46E9-B990-CDF6B95585E8.jpeg

3A68E7CB-DDB6-4BAA-AE7D-5EB30FC9C0A0.jpeg

1BCB7417-D713-40D2-B202-C2AC5CE2BCA9.jpeg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, smithy said:

Looks good and it did not take you long to complete ,well done

About 3 weeks. Longest part was stripping the paint and maybe 6 days waiting on the few bits from Dave.  It was not time consuming to be honest. Could probably have turned around quicker if I wanted to. 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smithy said:

Nice trailer ,sorry to here you got the bug ,hope you are ok .Did not click the like button as you might think we like your stuck in your room .

I'm doing good thanks, not feeling that unwell, but it's more annoying since I had started my new job as of last week.

• Thanks 1

A project 12+ years in the making.... a damaged Ertl JD8400 finally taking shape as a euro spec 8400, right when Schuco announce a Euro spec version for 2022.......

Too much work (not complaining) and not enough time have a few projects backed up on my bench. Got a loft full of boxes and a notepad full of ideas too!

IMG_8427.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

Finally got the Claydons just about ready for some paint now! Has been a slog getting the leg assemblies all done but pleased how it’s gone 😎

Amazing work Will, one of these is on my list of thing to build, I'm still collecting images at the moment, a long way from actually building one!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dalethecaptain said:

A project 12+ years in the making.... a damaged Ertl JD8400 finally taking shape as a euro spec 8400, right when Schuco announce a Euro spec version for 2022.......

Too much work (not complaining) and not enough time have a few projects backed up on my bench. Got a loft full of boxes and a notepad full of ideas too!

IMG_8427.jpeg

Mighty work!

I have one sitting there waiting for the conversion but I will still buy the new Schuco one when it’s available 😀

the Ertl can be put to the back of the que now 🤣

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, Stabliofarmer said:

Some great builds on the go at the moment.

The complexity in the parts you've fabricated for the drills is mind blowing Will

Many thanks James, these have certainly tested my patience and skill with these! Have spent many an hour in the tractor cab thinking how each section will be made, cutting the Claydon logo out for the main frame was probably the easiest bit 😂 The leg assemblies really tested me, 8 components in each 7 of them hand made, luckily I got the rear leg from a donor cultivator to save that hassle!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 8:43 AM, Barry said:

Amazing work Will, one of these is on my list of thing to build, I'm still collecting images at the moment, a long way from actually building one!

I’ve had it on my list for a while after a conversation with our local Claydon rep via Twitter! I found the parts manuals and the brochures quite handy, using publisher I made side views to scale from stated dimensions! However since starting making the models we bought one on our home farm so if you need a hand with pictures and dimensions just shout 👌🏻

• Thanks 1