Whats on your workbench???

12 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

A quick little build in between other work, a 16ft cattle feed trailer, should make a nice little kit. Also updated my wide implement wheel to a trailer hub rather than the big bulky hub that it was originally designed with for the Heath chasers. 

IMG_20211114_145938.thumb.jpg.27546046ef1612264d7f14500c0e02da.jpgIMG_20211114_151227.thumb.jpg.d8787a410c63bba25eac51e5ebc6bb3d.jpg

That will make a cracking little kit. I would definitely buy a couple  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on something similar here. Always thought Atlas Editions was 1/43 so I use a UH Ferguson 35 chassis that needs to be stretched for the correct wheelbase. Have the Marge bonnet here too but haven't figured out how to lineup the lines above the decal yet. Probably going to put this tractor a 'coat' on as we say in Dutch to mask it. UH 10-series bonnet would be better. Dexta and 26/3600/10 have a similar rear axle casting, 29/3910 were beefier. 600 and 10 series always had square fenders here on the continent, not sure about the UK (see 3rd picture)

Thinking of putting a Britains 6600 bonnet on it. 3600´s were more common in this area. Farming school nearby gave tractor driving lessons with them.  

3610 jas 1.jpg

1408951-3600-ford.jpg

855314-3600-ford.jpg

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 7

Summer is over so it is finally cooler enough for me to get in my workshop.  I have started this winter working on a couple of Claydon projects.  I have rebuilt the seed hopper for my 6m Claydon V Drill and I am in the process of building an 8m Claydon Terrabalde. 

20211127_155319.jpg

• Like 7

finaly got round to looking at a new plough for the layout, ideally i wanted a dowdeswell dp7 d4+1 to fit the 1250 i have with proper 3 point sat in the shed , but to get it right would have been pretty much a full scratch build, so after a good bit of looking round i decided on a replicagri conversion, the frames close enough to suit a dp7 d 3+1 with a few minor additions and cuts, which allows a good bit of strength to take the scaledown mould boards ect, mostly in test fit at the mo, but pretty happy with it, to be honest,once the doors done on the 1200, it will prob replace my 1250 on the layout as i have a few bits built to fit the 1200 now 

shes not 100% right,but its close enough for the effect i wanted 

B3421C64-D7AD-4E64-913E-C1DACE2B5D74.jpeg

01C079D5-2541-4925-97CA-C2EF02DC39D7.jpeg

5FDCA4C9-0330-47B2-B100-13448E51AFD2.jpeg

C1BFE569-566C-4708-9EC8-7BC1F4C12488.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

finaly got round to looking at a new plough for the layout, ideally i wanted a dowdeswell dp7 d4+1 to fit the 1250 i have with proper 3 point sat in the shed , but to get it right would have been pretty much a full scratch build, so after a good bit of looking round i decided on a replicagri conversion, the frames close enough to suit a dp7 d 3+1 with a few minor additions and cuts, which allows a good bit of strength to take the scaledown mould boards ect, mostly in test fit at the mo, but pretty happy with it, to be honest,once the doors done on the 1200, it will prob replace my 1250 on the layout as i have a few bits built to fit the 1200 now 

shes not 100% right,but its close enough for the effect i wanted 

B3421C64-D7AD-4E64-913E-C1DACE2B5D74.jpeg

01C079D5-2541-4925-97CA-C2EF02DC39D7.jpeg

5FDCA4C9-0330-47B2-B100-13448E51AFD2.jpeg

C1BFE569-566C-4708-9EC8-7BC1F4C12488.jpeg

Like you say it dammed close to a DP7 once its painted green it will look even better ,are you having a depth wheel . Many years ago i started a dp7 with a brass frame and scaledown legs/mouldboards ,made a turnover ram but could not get it in the right place for smooth turnover so put it back in the cupboard for a later date   

18 minutes ago, smithy said:

Like you say it dammed close to a DP7 once its painted green it will look even better ,are you having a depth wheel . Many years ago i started a dp7 with a brass frame and scaledown legs/mouldboards ,made a turnover ram but could not get it in the right place for smooth turnover so put it back in the cupboard for a later date   

yeah, need to strip the wheel ect from the donor one ,add the frame dor it. as you say, its dam close,a compromise really in all honesty. just not got time to make a strong enough one from scratch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

yeah, need to strip the wheel ect from the donor one ,add the frame dor it. as you say, its dam close,a compromise really in all honesty. just not got time to make a strong enough one from scratch 

This is my effort from a few years back ,turnover ram was either to long to let it go over or to short and it falls out of housing so got fed up and put it away 

20211205_194723.jpg

20211205_194750.jpg

20211205_194810.jpg

20211205_194836.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, smithy said:

This is my effort from a few years back ,turnover ram was either to long to let it go over or to short and it falls out of housing so got fed up and put it away 

20211205_194723.jpg

20211205_194750.jpg

20211205_194810.jpg

20211205_194836.jpg

liking that a lot, recon brass is the way to go, but not really tried it myself maybe if i do get round to a self build i will ,  i mean a burn leaves as scar just like a knife or drill 😆😆

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

liking that a lot, recon brass is the way to go, but not really tried it myself maybe if i do get round to a self build i will ,  i mean a burn leaves as scar just like a knife or drill 😆😆

Or, you could just 3D print one, I have no idea if these dimensions are even close I just eyed the size useing the squares on your cutting mat drew it up in RS Designspark took about 20 minutes then printed it in low resolution and that took 15 minutes,

Regards

Joe.

Sean 1.jpg

Sean 2.jpg

Sean 3.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Barry said:

That's amazing James!!

I seriously need to get an order in for a 3D printer.

Barry, I've been retired now for two and a half years, And avoided anything to do with CAD thinking it to be way over my head but I came across RS Designspark by accident and eventually gave it a go, On the start page ( after downloading it ) when it pops up on screen, ( PC ) down on the lower right corner it say's " Creating your first solid " click on that and just follow their directions, You'll need to try a few times, but your familiar it gets really quite simple, RS available for free here you just need to join for free, https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/home

As for printer this one is brand new, Auto bed leveling, a proper extruder which can handle any filament, even flexible, and better still it can re-start after power cuts,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creality-Pro-3D-Printers-Removable/dp/B07PF9ZW4N/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=creality+ender+3+pro&qid=1638807915&sr=8-6

Regards

Joe.

4 minutes ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi all,

Well, i don't know whether it's allowed (still i think it is!), but on my workbench at the moment is a bulldozer, the Caterpillar D8H, scaled down to 1:25. There was this building kit in the '60's, but since a few years it re-appeared again, now being called "Construction Dozer", without the original Caterpillar'-logo on the box.

In the years before it re-appeared i was lucky to be able to take-over a half-built copy from an older man, who wasn't able to finish it because of an illness. His daughter, who came at the door, told me they really would like to sell the half-built-model to a real enthousiast. Well, they succeeded in that!!
On the Dutch model-builders-forum you might want to take a look at the building-process i'm going through, this is the link:

https://modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=54085

Allthough the text is written in Dutch, the pictures may also be telling the story.

When you prefer to only look at pictures, without a lot of text, than take a look at my own website:

https://modelbouwjan.jouwweb.nl/grondverzetmachines/caterpillar-d8h-bulldozer

My ultimate goal is to eventually build me two dozers: one being the D8H, for which i've also build a cabine, and the next project will be built out of the box of a new one, but being upgraded to the D8K-version.

When everything finally comes together as planned in my head, it will be amazing. But, the judgement is also up to you!

Just one picture of the state of the project so far:

IMG_5260.JPG

Absolutely fantastic! Wonderful to see. :)

• Thanks 1