Whats on your workbench???

Dug this out and thought I'd try and improve it.  Have started on the hubs but it's been a long time since I did any painting and my hands aren't as steady as they used to be, so will have another try tomorrow.  Already looks a bit better.  Will get the front linkage off it too soon! The steering beacon will have to go as well, apart from those issues I always thought it was a decent likeness.

20210503_185127.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/11/2021 at 2:37 PM, CX820Joe said:

Going to use this little DB as a yard tractor, so probably will use with the sweeper pictured and probably a link box.  Would it need some front weight added do you think?

20210411_123621.jpg

you wont need any weights on it just for yard work 

47 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

The certainly look like a great match Sean

lot better than i thought, was just lucky to find a uk seller doing the kit at 27 quid posted, doubt i would have paid the normal prices on ebay just for wheels 

• Like 1

I decided to improve my Fendt 942 by removing its large rims which were based fairly realistically on 750/ R44 x 650/R38s by Wiking. And its very undetailed rubber tyres😠

So I found a set of wheels/tyres off the previous Wiking Fendt 939. And then with some Fendt spray paint and a few subtle modifications I fitted the wheels and replica 710/75/R42 X 600/65/R34s tyres.  I also redecalled it as a 936 as there are lots of the gen 5 versions running around here and I already know of two 936 gen 6s so I expect they will be more popular than the 942s. Anyways the extra detail on the tyres and rims certainly improves the models appearance🙂

P1080794.JPG

• Like 3

21 hours ago, limegreen said:

And what red colourmatch did you find .u like to now i have the same thing in mind

I used this paint, challenge is most of the Humbrol paints that others use are not available where I live.  

There is a topic on the forum that discusses colour matches, there might be a Case IH red reference on there.  

20210517_113327.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jmd said:

Liking that sean

thanks john, i am happy with it, maybe the cab needs to drop a little height wise,seems a bit high over the front wheels maybe , but otherwise i prefer it over a panel one ,thats all my uncle ever had for tuckwells over 40 years,transit flat beds(hes got a renault something at the mo and aint happy at all ) hence why i went for it. may yet get a panel one mind,for other uses .

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, Stabliofarmer said:

Looking smart Sean, lovely work on the body

thanks james, made a small error and left the cab on the workbench ,which in turn has bleached the decals in the sunlight, even with the blinds closed, so need to do some new ones now, they are more pink now than red 😄

• Like 1

went out to have a tidy up after cutting the grass ect after a busy weekend and got a bit distracted, sorted the bracket now on the 5430, need to make some support legs for it,then its hopefully into mf red for a 900 series loader. am still in two minds on the wheels,well tyres, the hubs suit it a lot better, but the tyres may be a bit to large, especially at the rear, so may yet try something else on them before committing ,cant get the mudguards on the front at the mo without them fouling the loader bracket . 

16A34736-AE95-4C6C-9AD0-DD277B84525D.jpeg

464BE979-A3DA-4AC2-B0D6-E66932EB518A.jpeg

6F361C26-CC0F-4BD3-B593-BCABAB8DD93D.jpeg

• Like 3

had to replace the decals on the transit,  after i left it on the bench ,behind closed blinds as well, and still the sun bleached them, decided to reduce the font on the door ones as the first looked a bit to big , cant tell from the pics, but the cabs got a mf dealer book, and a east anglia a-z map on the seat ,as well as the paper on the dash. mud flaps fitted to the arches at the rear .front lights are in, just waiting on the clear coat to arrive to give them a glass look finish, also started the rear light clusters.

happy with the beacons positions, but not sure on the height, also not that happy with the work lights on the bodys top frame, in the backs a few drums made up, along with a set of front fog lights for the cab, plus a cb aerial just need to make a base for that. got a mini art tool set on the way to build up  for the rear as well .

3F6DF565-8F37-48F1-B65A-F05CF3907B34.jpeg

3E3A016B-CB47-4CAA-B5D5-4DDB111CBFED.jpeg

7ED39E36-492A-45DC-871D-6DF147813C36.jpeg

36BE313D-17A6-429B-A6DA-6F3DAAA10FAB.jpeg

B8394D07-9884-4D2F-BB4D-A8E8282ECDA2.jpeg

• Like 8